Combat Photographer/ Combat Cam

Desert Blossom

So does anyone know the differences between these?
Combat cam is AF and the other is Marines. I'm just curious as to the differences because this is one of the fields I'm looking into changing to.
The other is aerial gunner. That just sounds like a blast! :D

As far as I know there isn't really a difference aside from the name. My friend is a CC and he works at the TV station on base and he used to do stories for the Globe. So I mean, there's a lot to it, but I don't see a big difference between the branches.

Read the fine print

Even one word added to an MOS description can change its meaning, liek say for instance they had an MOS Ari pilot ADministration. The word administration basiclaly limits it to just that, admin work. be careful what you decide on, oh and Combat camera/photgrahpers work in my buidling. All they do is make copies and distribute them of peoples retirement pamphlets and other officla paperwork, they do not actually go to war and take pictures.

I think the combat cam is for aircraft. The footage you see in the old war movies where you see tracers hitting the plane in front or the missle coming in from behind are probably the combat cams you are talking about. Combat photography would be like the footage of the Mt. Surabachi flag raising or Marines in Vietnam.

Well I'm in the Air Force so I was just wondering. My dad's in PA in the Navy so he's told me a little but I was wanting to know in ref to the AF.

Back