Combat - Page 2

--

May 3rd, 2004  
TheSunsetSniper

I'm sick of other men dying for my freedom. I don't want to get shot at, or do any shooting... i just want to defend people like the two potheads next to me in this class. even they deserve freedom too. I will do what my country asks of me, even if it will get me killed. I would give my life almost instantly to save freedom or the life of almost anyone, espcially the ones who have taken it upon themselves to defend this freedom also.
May 6th, 2004  
maddmike275

War is hell...period.
May 29th, 2004  
si6

Let me shed some light on this subject. from some one who has been there done that

When your arse is puckered up tight enough you couldnt drive a pin in it with a jack hammer,and your heart is racin at 200 bpm and your as scaired as you have ever been in your life..when you hear the words "GAS GAS GAS"
and your fightin to get thru a hatch wearin a cvc,flack jacket,lbe webbing,carring a m16 and a m25 tankers mask and tryin to hold your breath and mask up and close the hatch while arty is droppin who knows what 200 meters infront of you .....that my friends is scaired...shitless..

And for those of you who have never seen the end result of a 120 mm sabot round shot at a tank ... let me give a quick mental image.. charred bodys hanging out of a hatch or laying on the ground around whats left of a tank.

Or for those who wonder if they have the courage to pull a trigger.. you will and you will hit your target when the target is shooting back at you. when your supposto be in a secure area...NOT!!!! there will always be a die hard who wants to become a "hero" well 3 of them heros tried to ambush my 88 and crew..i sent them all to meet the maker with a one way ticket from "ma duce" and even after 11 years i still have the sights and sounds of battle pop into my mind..like it just happend.

So for all those who "want to be in combat" i feel sorry for you ..i just hope you will never see it..

Si6
--
May 29th, 2004  
Redleg

Very good post Si6.

Thanks
June 1st, 2004  
Sooners1

Post tramatic is not just some made up words fellas, it is a real and very hard thing. Some people never quite get back from combat and never feel safe. These are some of the things that can happen to you after combat. Not even talkin about the actual bein in combat, this is after, days , months, even years down the line. These memories are not things like "remember that time you got me in the leg at that paint ball tourney", these are memories that will have you paralyzed. Still to this day I will never wake my uncle up from a nap because you never know if he is gonna get up fine or grab you by the throat and throw you across the room, he retired 8 years ago.
June 1st, 2004  
Redleg

The upcoming shows on MilTalk radio will be about some of the subjects posted here.
Try the free sample show to listen to some examples.

http://www.military-quotes.com/forum...pic.php?t=2160
June 4th, 2004  
random

i am planing on joining the marines and like somone else said on here,im tierd of pther people going of and fighting for my freedom.i should do the same. i have been given so much by this country and i think that it is time for me to do somthing to reepay it. but i am not going to go in looking for combat. their is nothing glorious about war.
June 7th, 2004  
Big_Z

I admit i have these feelings sometimes,. My family has been serving for the military for many years so i think sometimes i even fool myself into thinking i was born to join up and do it. Im 21 years old and pondering at least 2 hours a day of joining the Rangers mainly to keep up with my family tradition [noone in my family knows how long we have been serving but i have 3 folded up flags in my house and my mother and father are still alive] I want to grow up and have money im stuck between going to purdue for engineering or the rangers. I think "hell yea give me an m16 and lets see what i can do" but i also know as soon as i hit the battlefield everything would change. Im stuck in a hardspot :/

Zack
June 7th, 2004  
Marksman

I'm the last person here who can talk about the combat,but as i heard it swiftly changes on the battlefield