Combat Medic Question

--

July 3rd, 2005  
SugarCane

Topic: Combat Medic Question

This may sound like a stupid question, but I just found out what the military was all about and I may be joining in the next year. Iím looking for careers that might interest me and I thought a medic would be a very rewarding job. Well, what is the MOS for a combat medic? I donít want to be someone who sits in a hospital, Iím looking for the ones who fight with their buddies but are also a medic. Any information would be good. Thanks in advance.

-CombatMedic
July 3rd, 2005  
Redneck

You need to change your username immediately (read the forum rules for the reason).

Check out the following link for some information, and good luck with your future career should you choose to join:

http://www.cs.amedd.army.mil/91w/
July 3rd, 2005  
SugarCane

Oops How do I change my name, please dont ban me or something just let me know how and Ill do it. Thanks for letting me know and the info.
--
July 3rd, 2005  
Redneck

No worries, we're not THAT strict here, check your PMs.
July 3rd, 2005  
SugarCane

So these 91w's are the ones who are in the fight but are also giving the 'first aid'?
July 3rd, 2005  
Redneck

Basically, and they're actually not called combat medics anymore, they're now "medical specs." Guess it sounded prettier.

I believe we have a few Dr. Feelgood's around here (I know we have at least three Navy HCs, not really what you're looking for, but they can probably give you some sound information), I'm sure they'll be able to help you with any more in-depth questions.
July 3rd, 2005  
03USMC

If those Navy Doc's are FMF Corpsman they should have alot of good scoop.
July 3rd, 2005  
FutureDevilDog

A little off topic but, do medics/corpsman that are in combat zone have weapons on them?
July 4th, 2005  
03USMC

Sidearms
July 4th, 2005  
SugarCane

Even if they only have sidearms it cant be that hard to get yourself a weapon. Also dose anyone know of any links to info about Navy Coremen (SP) or whatever there called. They are like medics but dont they fight with the Marines?