Combat boots

CanadianCombat

When i finish basic training im going to buy some new combat boots, but i am not to familier with many boot types. I would like to get them before basic but i was told i will catch hell if i dont have my issued kit. So i have to wait. But if you guys could give me some tips and websites with good comfortable and reliable boots that would be great:camo: .

So your starting basic? I'm not sure how if its the same in canada but, I always asumed you were issued boots.

You might want to find out exactly what sort of non-issue boots you're allowed to buy. I don't know if the issue boots in Canada are any different from the ones the US military issues, but the combat boots I've worn have been pretty comfortable with the addition of an insole.

In Canada, you are REQUIRED to use the equipment that is issued to you. If is the same as in times past, any non-essential kit is taken from you and returned to you when you finish. If you want to be sure that you have something like insoles or other stuff, (like a watch) send it to yourself just before you leave for basic, so that you receive it just after you arrive. (Even the Armed Forces are not allowed to interfere with Canada Post!)

Good Luck! You may end up needing it....
Dean.

We are issued 2 pairs of regular combat boots that look like this http://www.fcsurplus.ca/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=7598, but when they are brand new like the ones i got they are rely stiff and the insoles are very thin and uncomfortable. My WO told me that you can purchase new boots after basic, but not before because they prefere to see the issued kit not personal kit. My WO also has boots that he bought that look really comfortable, but hes a real hardass and is hard to talk to (many reasons why but thats not the topic). I was told 3 weeks after I got my kit that the boots should be fairly tight to the foot, but mine are a little loose. Would doubling up on the socks help tighten and stop the blisters from happening? And it would be great if someone could give me some good name brand boots, that would be great:type: .Its like they always tell us, "Good feet make good soldiers":m16:

Combat, may i make a suggestion? try this website. Its Englands last hand made boot maker, and shed loads of squaddies buy thier products from go-faster training boots to combat boots for all environments. Trust me mate i'm in iraq and i've got the best handmade to measure desert wellies i've ever had and they feel like slippers! Kushtie! The site is www.altberg.co.uk

An unprofessional recommendation, BATES 2464 M-9 Desert Boot is a good choice.

DSC07292.JPG

What do you recommend 03?
Me, I've just been using my standard issue ones and they hold up pretty good even though it's been 2 years since I left the RoK Marines. I might get a pair of boots at some point but I'm not too sure what a good brand would be.

Standard issue or Danners. The USMC Spec boots that Bates makes are also okay but the above pair is a lower grade and the sole will seperate from the upper if you use them hard.

They'll fall apart on you in about 4 months
Why do u say that? I feel it's more comfortable than some military boots in the cold weather, such as Belleville 500, Bates 85501, etc. Of course, not very durable . Because it is for the civil market.

Last edited:
Durability is very important because I don't want my boots falling apart while I'm in the middle of doing something important.

The above bates model is based on cementing construction, from the looks of it, relies only on chemical adhesive.. dual density outsole.. possible phylon + rubber.. or.. *gulp* PU + rubber.

From my trial and error so far, there is no feasible chemical adhesive that could match the bonding strength of the good ol' vulcanized shoe construction (avg 100kg tear strength, same construction with the standard issue), at least not without additional upper to sole bonding method.

I am now wearing Texas Steer combat-style boots and I love them. They feel great on my feet and I have hiked in fairly rough terrain with them without complications.

And they only cost me $29.99 at a K-Mart.

Back