Colombia and Venezuela

Ducth

The Dutch are part of NATO wouldn't the US and other be inclined to help? The Dutch navy would take a little time to get into the region but their air force with tanker support could be over the Island in less then 36 hours. Taking the Island is one thing but holding onto it might be a little more difficult. I don' think the gains would be worth it and the back lashing from trying something like this might backfire big time.

Would it make un-easy for Mexico, US and other in the Gulf of Mexico region if Venezuela started flying their Flankers back and forth between say Nicaragua, Cuba, and back to Venezuela? Or would it piss them off doing something like this?

Yes they are a part of NATO, but if the US don't do more then make threats, the Dutch don't have anoff military might to take them back, exept a few air raids but that can't last for long, sens the Venezuelan most ceirtanly will install SAM sites. The only Chance they have then is if britain is involved, just look at the Falklands War. But if the deal that the Venezuelans are talking with Germany for subs goes thru and don't forget the exocet missiles they have, that almost lost the Falklands War for the brittish(And the Agentinians only had 5) The Im not sure even britain can do something.

About Countryes being upset them flying back and forth, i don't think matters, the Islands are so close to the coast that it wouldn't make mych difference.

And they will probably say that the attacks are to secure the transportation of oil over the ocean (That i think go near the Islands),that might make the US to back of, sens we know how US loves countryes with oil.

IMO I don't think that Venezuela would be inclined to invade the Islands and risk a rift with a European country or the EU. The Falklands are a nationalist issue for both Argentina & the UK I think thats the difference there.

However if Chavez did invade I do think that US would respond to an out right aggressive act.

British Guiana on the other hand is a national issue border has been disputed since at least 1966 when Guiana was granted independence.

It would be Iraq invading Kuwait all over again, then ten years later GWBush the IIX would invade to overthrow the bastard.
:)

Quite possibly unfortunately. Seems there is always the inclination to respond to the act and not the cause.:shoothea:

Yes they are a part of NATO, but if the US don't do more then make threats, the Dutch don't have anoff military might to take them back, exept a few air raids but that can't last for long, sens the Venezuelan most ceirtanly will install SAM sites. The only Chance they have then is if britain is involved, just look at the Falklands War. But if the deal that the Venezuelans are talking with Germany for subs goes thru and don't forget the exocet missiles they have, that almost lost the Falklands War for the brittish(And the Agentinians only had 5) The Im not sure even britain can do something.

About Countryes being upset them flying back and forth, i don't think matters, the Islands are so close to the coast that it wouldn't make mych difference.

And they will probably say that the attacks are to secure the transportation of oil over the ocean (That i think go near the Islands),that might make the US to back of, sens we know how US loves countryes with oil.

Well, well, well, my young padawan.
You DO know that the netherlands are a part of EU?
You have heard about the EU battlegroups?

Do you think they are there for show?

Granted, the papertiger that it is the EU force would take a small miracle to get gathered not to mention get it sent.
But when it gets sent you might have Swedish, Finnish and Norwegian troops retaking the Islands..
If it is something the EU probably would get a tad irritated about it might be getting a membernations leagal territory invaded?
What do you think about that idea?

And as an aside, the UK could not pull off another Falklands campaign today.
The resources are not there.

I see you are waiting to mönstra?
What sort of service will you be seeking if you don´t mind me asking?
Anything you´ll need to volunteer for?
Feel free to PM me your reply if you don´t feel comfortable discussing it on an open board.

//KJ.

I know Sweden will be in charge of the Nordic battlegroups in 2008, but when or if this would happen i belive France will take in chargeofthat Operation (as someone said her,they have their one Island's in the vicinity) don't get me wrong, they probablywhant and need help primarily from, our stealth frigates.

I assume you know whant mönstra is sens your Swedish.

Me personaly, i whant to be an infantry soldier (i use the Swedish designation) Skyttesoldat,(Mobile Infantry) or Pansarvärns soldat.

the dream is probably parastroppers, wich is one of our special forces, but that's mostly a dream.

Last edited:
Sweden will be lead nation of ONE of the battlegroups.
French interference is not likely when it comes to matters that concern another EU nation.
Sweden have and are performing combat operations recently/now, and those operations does not involve the Visby class Corvette.

On a more personal note.

That was why I asked..
To get into the Paras or any other real Jägar unit you would have to go through a second screening (mönstring).
To be able to do this you´d have to make the minimum requierments during your first screening and get selected for a second one.
After the second screening with is more on the physical side (and you pass) you might get the chance to serve your country as a Para or a Kustjägare.

And no, Fallskärmsjägarskolan in and of it´s own is NOT a Special Forces unit.
They do however provide some of the basic skills that all Special Forces soldiers need.
Mostly different ways of (innästling) Infiltration techniques.
(As do Span "Attackdiver" training at the Amphibious regiment)

If this is a goal you have we should take this to PM and not bother the other people of this board with our inhouse talk.

PM answered.

//KJ.

Last edited:
Back