Colombia buys 24 Israeli fighter jets

rock45

Colombia buys 24 Israeli fighter jets
Wed, 06 Feb 2008 19:42:40
minooie20080206195320421.jpg
A Kfir Jet fighter
Amid mounting tensions between Colombia and Venezuela, Colombian defense minister announces the purchase of 24 Israeli fighter jets.

Colombia's Defense Minister Juan Manuel Santos made the announcement after meeting with Israeli War Minister, Ehud Barak.

"There is an agreement to buy 24 renovated Kfir fighter planes from Israel, whose construction has already started. And the planes will be delivered at the start of next year," Santos said.

In his visit to Israel the Colombian minister also held meetings with senior military officials as well as Israeli Prime Minister, Ehud Olmert.

Kfir aircraft is a multi-purpose all-weather fighter jet, mainly used by the United States Navy.

NA/MMN

Link
http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=41986&sectionid=351020703

Down the line

Once Israel gets in the US will allow Israeli ACE upgraded A/B Vipers down the road to sold. Something had to off set the Chavez aircraft purchase this is just the baby step it's not the answer. Kfir's vs Flankers is a miss match no matter how you look at it. I still can't find what weapons were included in the Russian-Venezuelan deal? I assume the norm AA-11 and maybe AA-10/12? I'm interested in knowing if LGB kits were included and/or anti-radar & anti-ship?

Back