College loan repayment?

sjacquemotte

I have already siged all the papers to join the NG but have not left for basic (8/16). Can I still get the army to pay back my college loans or is it too late?

LRP

Though they will tell you that you are already contracted and in, you can always make changes depending on who you talk with. I am assuming that if you didn't dis-enroll from the MGIBILL that you have that??? Federal law states that you can't have both at the same time. However your situation could go down like this. If they tell you it's too late, then either prior to leaving (you can still walk at that point) or even when you get to basic, you just quit. They will try like the devil to convince you that you will go to jail, that you will be a coward... However the Army has something called an initial entry discharge which is just that, if you decide you can't make it or you are not physically able, the just put you on on the Initial Entry Discharge and it's like you were never even in. So if they didn't fix the LRP for you, which they should. I would just walk from the MEPS prior to the final swearing in and come back a month later.

Back