Collecting Swords

I also collect samurai swords.
My one good one was made in Japan the Traditional way, folding the metal over and over and over and over again. I got it for a steal at only 800 US dollars. I was shocked. She is razor sharp, and has a beautiful hamon. I LUV HER.

:rambo:

oh..ur wife better not see that or if u have one or a gf but yeah...
So its not an antique one but surely works on flesh :twisted:

hah....even in Sweden you are not allowed to but people just have them!!

To me, I think antique swords are much nicer than new ones, they give you a diffrent kind of feeling...strange

I agree, except most antique samurai swords are family swords, which would be impossible to get, as the family will never willingly give them up for any sum of money, or they are national treasures of Japan, or they are extremely expensive.

I not only like looking and owning particular swords that i like, i like to use them.

After i got my black belt in taekwondo, about two years ago, i have taken an interest in weapons. I trained in Bo, which is a staff, sai, which is like a handheld trident, kama, which is a blade on the end of a small stick, and finally sword. I loved sword the minute i picked up the bokken, or wooden sword one uses to get themselves used to sword handling.

I have gotten very good, and I bought a razor shapr sword straight from Japan a couple of months ago. I have some rather serious plans of going to Japan to train with some masters. ( if only my parents understood)

I got to train in a group setting with a master form Japan one year ago. A group in Canada invited and paid the airfare for Nashiro Sensei, the highest ranking weapons expert in Japan. He, and everything he taught me was awesome. I will never forget that week.

In the family we have two swords from my Grandpa. One is the samurai sword from a Japanese officer of a POW camp in the Phillipines. The other that he prized more was given to him by a Phillipine resistance fighter. It is STOUT. It was made from the leaf spring of a truck and ground down to hold an edge. It weighs a ton and is sharp as all get out. My Grandpa was a racist ol bastard and the only Asians he ever respected were the Phillipinos who fought the Japanese.

Here in China you can buy swords just about anywhere but they aren't allowed to have an edge on them. I bought my brother a "genuine" Chinese ninja short sword in Beijing a couple years ago and took it home to him. He has since rectified the not having an edge problem and swears by his circa 2002 Chinese Ninja Sword... :lol:

You guyz should leave east asian swords be for now.

And take a look at the magnificent curve of the shamshir and the like..

try it, google it, and tell me what u think :)

shamshir_large.jpg

Look at the beauty :roll:

Hey MacB, the shamshir IS a beautiful weapon and I have seen a few that make the pics here look pretty mundane. The only thing I would have against them is that although the curve increases total cutting area it lessens the striking distance of the weapon and gives just a hairs more time for your enemy to react before the blade would make contact. I think it looks wonderful but is not practical.

I do agree with u bulldogg. But some of them, because of that reason, are created a little bit long, and some arent as much curved. It magnificent too, on that I agree. :)

Back