THE COLLAPSE OF EVOLUTION video download

--
Boots

November 29th, 2004  
jasonparker

Topic: THE COLLAPSE OF EVOLUTION video download

you know this subject about we came from monkeys.... what do you think? did we evolve from monkeys? did everything occured by evolution? what do you think? According to me, since there is no example beneficial mutation, natural selection is not a miracle touch, the occurance of first living organism.... evolution sinks...
http://www.harunyahya.com/m_video_de...hp?api_id=1245
November 30th, 2004  
Young Winston

Topic: Re: THE COLLAPSE OF EVOLUTION video download

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonparker
you know this subject about we came from monkeys.... what do you think? did we evolve from monkeys? did everything occured by evolution? what do you think? According to me, since there is no example beneficial mutation, natural selection is not a miracle touch, the occurance of first living organism.... evolution sinks...
http://www.harunyahya.com/m_video_de...hp?api_id=1245
Start doing some serious research on the topic. I would love to have you in my Physics class!!!

Go to the Talk.Origins Archive at

http://www.talkorigins.org

and begin your education on Evolution, or an easier place to start is

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/

Enjoy your study mate.
November 30th, 2004  
A Can of Man

Evolution is fact.
We do see examples of it happening.

A famous example is a breed of moth in England. They used to be brown, but the soot that stuck to trees during the industrial revolution made the tree trunks go very dark. The butterflies started to change too.
This isn't that suddenly living butterflies change color. It's that within the population, there are always those which have the slightly different characteristic. These beat out their competition due to their now distinct advantage, where previously it was a disadvantage.

There are some cases where evolution either doesn't take place or takes place VERY slowly or minutely... namely sharks, crocodiles etc. but these are because of their physique just being so good at what they're designed to do that there has been no need for any significant change... and they haven't hunted their prey to the point where they evolved to become much harder to hunt. For this to happen, the hunter must almost decimate the prey species. When none of the original designs are left, they become exinct.

The reason why humans haven't evolved physically is because we are a special case where our MACHINES do the evolving for us. It's quite interesting really.
--
Boots
November 30th, 2004  
Young Winston

Humans have been a part of the evolutionary process like everthing else.
November 30th, 2004  
A Can of Man

I know, but I'm saying that people seem to have stopped evolving because the machines are doing the evolving for us. That's what makes us a special case. I guess like the Shark and crocodile, a design so good, an upgrade is not neccessary
November 30th, 2004  
egoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_13th_redneck
I know, but I'm saying that people seem to have stopped evolving because the machines are doing the evolving for us. That's what makes us a special case. I guess like the Shark and crocodile, a design so good, an upgrade is not neccessary
i wouldn't say we're so good that an upgrade isn't neccessary. if you think about it humans have always changed their environment to fit their needs. well that's been a more recent trend anyway. some would say humans are a parasite in that case because they seem to leech off of the planet now. as for the shark and crocodile, i'm sure they're still evolving too. it's true that they've survived for thousands of years, but you don't do so but not evolving. there is always something better out there and the key is to try and figure it out. with the way things are going here the "better thing out there" for the human race anyway, is probably going to be some other planet.
November 30th, 2004  
A Can of Man

No the basic design of the shark and crocodile hasn't changed in millions of years... and in some cases the actual design.
Humans don't really seem to show a sign of evolving. Now so far the design has proven so successful that evolution of the human being has been unneccessary. Now if something changes dramatically that the human physique is a huge drawback and there is no machine suitable to solve this problem, then we may yet again witness evolution on the human part.
I know you may think about the caveman to current man change but I mean the species Homo Sapiens Sapiens. Really, it's an unchanged design.
November 30th, 2004  
Missileer

And some of us have evolved missing a very important part of our genetic code. The fight or flight gene. When it's missing, one straps an explosive to himself and explodes into teeny bits simply because someone convinced him that it's a good idea.

Sorry, off topic.
November 30th, 2004  
Young Winston

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_13th_redneck
No the basic design of the shark and crocodile hasn't changed in millions of years... and in some cases the actual design.
Humans don't really seem to show a sign of evolving. Now so far the design has proven so successful that evolution of the human being has been unneccessary. Now if something changes dramatically that the human physique is a huge drawback and there is no machine suitable to solve this problem, then we may yet again witness evolution on the human part.
I know you may think about the caveman to current man change but I mean the species Homo Sapiens Sapiens. Really, it's an unchanged design.
Machines, computers, mobile phones, environment, lifestyle, diet etc all have an effect on the human species over time.

Recent data has shown that Australian women are on average much taller, heavier, different shape, bigger boned than they were 70 years ago. OK, its not species change but its change non the less, and only just over 70 years. Imagine the changes over say the next 1000, 10,000, or 100,000 years. What will we look like? The mind boggles!!!
November 30th, 2004  
egoz

i just saw on the news about the discovery of a new "fat virus" that has been spreading across the US for the past few years. i honestly think it's just another excuse, but that's besides the point. human lifestyles are definetly changing and moving away from being as physical as we used to be or had to be. but i guess there aren't any signs of evolution because of that just yet.