COLD WAR RECOGNITION

Missileer

I was wondering how many countries have recognized those who served during the Cold War. The US offers a certificate of appreciation for any active duty or reserve members who served between 1945 and 1991. I was browsing the American Legion site and there are several bills in Congress to issue a medal to those who served. Did your country do anything similar?

There are at least three bills in Congress. Hillary Clinton, believe it or not, is the sponsor of one of them. Go to the American Legion web site and open "new legislation". It gives all the bills, where they are in Congress and who the sponsors and supporters are.

intresting thing. Israel had a similar issue with our War of Atrittion(68-70). You se, there was never adeceleration of war, so there was no Service Ribbon for it...only last year they finally decided to mail all the veterans a Service Ribbon for it....

I figured certian branches would get ribbons and medals, like the Nuclear groups and defense groups that were around during that period.

They might eventually but only the certificate is available at this point.

Misileer, nice plug for the Legion :) I went to the site but I could find a link called "national defense".

DTop said:
They might eventually but only the certificate is available at this point.

Misileer, nice plug for the Legion :) I went to the site but I could find a link called "national defense".

I didn't know if you meant you couldn't or could find the link because I should have written "National Security". I pulled these from the list. You can do a search on the bill name/number and find who is included in each bill to receive the recognition.

Maybe this will help.

National Security
Number of Cosponsors

S. 1841 - Cold War Medal Act 4 (4 D)

H.R. 3388 - Cold War Victory Medal Act 15 (11 R, 4 D)

H.R. 3201 - Cold War Medal Act 8 (2 R, 6 D)

Back