COLD COWELL ROLLS EYES AFTER 'IDOL' CONTESTANT SENDS CONDOLENCES

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor

Wed Apr 18 2007 08:30:40 ET

Fans were enraged and FOX affiliates were
fielding complaints late Tuesday after AMERICA IDOL judge Simon Cowell was caught on camera rolling his eyes at comments made by contestant Chris Richardson -- comments about the tragic VIRGINIA TECH shootings!

"My heart and prayers go out to Virginia Tech. I have a lot of friends over there. Be strong," Richardson, a Chesapeake, Virginia native, told the audience of the nation's top-rated TV show.

A quick camera shot showed Cowell rolling his eyes and impatiently tapping his hand on the table.

Backstage, contestant Chris Richardson was left stunned, calling Simon's reaction "sad and hurtful," a top production source told the DRUDGE REPORT.

[VIDEO]

Cowell's flippant reaction came after he critiqued Richardson for a "nasally" performance of the Rascal Flatts song "Mayburry."

"Look, in his defense, Simon felt Chris was cynically deflecting his criticism," a FOX executive explained. "It was unfortunate... he clearly was unaware the camera was on him when he rolled his eyes, and he was hardly making a rude gesture to the victims."

Cowell did offer support for the families at the end of the broadcast.

Wow. I don't watch American Idol, but even from the stories I've heard I didn't realize Simon was THAT heartless. That's really sad.

He's an inconsiderate English bastard...No other way to put it...Now, I'm sure he didn't want the contestant "wasting his time" but that wasn't wasting anything...Rude wether the camera was on him or not. Inconsiderate wether the camera was on him or not.

Did anyone follow-up on this?
I have heard the "other side of the coin". He stated he was rolling his eyes to what Paula Abdul was saying. He was not paying attention to what Chris Richardson was saying. I tend to believe him in this.

Did anyone follow-up on this?
I have heard the "other side of the coin". He stated he was rolling his eyes to what Paula Abdul was saying. He was not paying attention to what Chris Richardson was saying. I tend to believe him in this.
Well...He's still an ass. Hahaha. Yea, I probably believe him too.

Back