Col. M. Khaddafi

-- Dusty

I find it really weird, but ever since I was a kid, for whatever reason that I fail to remember, I have always respected and liked him. Never met him. And I despise anyone that does the same stuff alleged against him.

Too weird.

I wish I could remember why.

Hmmm, the guy was a puppet dictator. He is all talk against Israel, Western dominance, but he never really did something against the Western world...

Okay, he joined some terrorist attacks... For sure, but they failed miserably for him and he used that to gain a little hold on his piece of **** country (tribal universe where the ruler's tribe gets everything)...

He paid the victims of his terror attacks by using the money from his country's oil resources... The whole country paying for the mistakes of one man. And the SOBs took the money rather than to take out the criminal...

Now, he is a madman, a criminal... He is perverted, known all over the world for his sick sex life. His fetish, as many tribal african primitives is the fat blond woman... big classic in desert areas.

He is a good buddy with the shameful president of Italia... they exchange ideas about how to renew their orgies...

The guy is also a drug addict... Like his good old friend Saddam... We dont even know if he is conscious of all he is saying and doing... a French professor wrote a paper listing the mental pathologies he got...

I honestly believe that the man is total madman... I have no hate toward him. He is just a man who lost it, and it's the system the problem. The people around him are using him more than anything... Dangerous game they are playing.

LM ....

I don't care what his mental outlook is ..... I don't care that he had to pay victims of attacks (that he was probably aware of prior to the attack), I don't care that he is a "puppet dictator" leader of a country and is NOT supposed to be targeted for assassination) ... AND ... I don't care who ends up taking him out ..... HOWEVER .....

He should be target #2 on the world's hit list [right after that other crazy man] (the one that was behind the Twin Tower attack) ... and ... should be targetted for assassination at the earliest opportunity.

If he is dangerous, take him out... I honestly cant blame you for that, I would kill a crazy man too if he was threatening to harm innocent people.

But I would start with the people following a madman...

And I dont join you in your hate of Osama... For me, he is a myth, an extremist hiding in a cave or media creature to scare the sheep...

The people responsible for the twin towers are already dead, they were in the planes, remember?

Now, if you want to catch the bastards who caused this... Well, I would start by cleaning the white house of corruption, then the senate, then the industry, then the justice department in many many western countries...

Then I would invest in a strong anti-poverty and education program... I would kick some serious ass in Israel's government...

Support freedom fighters/democratic groups in third world countries... Cut all business with corrupt regimes/dictators...

Invest massively in renewable energy sources, strike the Saudis possessions in the Western world.

Add serious and heavy laws to control banks and finances.

Maybe make an international minimum wage and fix a maximum wage (one million euro a year is enough).

You do that, and you will kill terrorism...

Of course, you can do the dumb thing and get angry, start illegal wars following corrupt politics and end up losing kids all over the world for a bogus and way too expensive cause...

If he is dangerous, take him out... I honestly cant blame you for that, I would kill a crazy man too if he was threatening to harm innocent people.

And I dont join you in your hate of Osama... For me, he is a myth, an extremist hiding in a cave or media creature to scare the sheep...

The people responsible for the twin towers are already dead, they were in the planes, remember?

Now, if you want to catch the bastards who caused this... Well, I would start by cleaning the white house of corruption, then the senate, then the industry, then the justice department in many many western countries...

Then I would invest in a strong anti-poverty and education program... I would kick some serious ass in Israel's government...

Support freedom fighters/democratic groups in third world countries... Cut all business with corrupt regimes/dictators...

Invest massively in renewable energy sources, strike the Saudis possessions in the Western world.

Maybe make an international minimum wage and fix a maximum wage (one million euro a year is enough).

Of course, you can do the dumb thing and get angry, start illegal wars following corrupt politics and end up losing kids all over the world for a bogus and way too expensive cause...

It's obvious that you and I will NEVER agree where certain terrorists are concerned. As far as I am concerned, Osama earned the #1 target label ... after all, he is the person who was behind the Twin Towers attack.

Personally, it is MY opinion and belief that EVERY terrorist (no matter his/her affiliation), should be stood facing a wall and then receive a shot behind the ear. People who attack civilians in order to create terrorism (no matter the excuse), are nothing more than hydrophobic dogs that deserve no more than the price of a bullet.

As far as a memorial to terrorists, the pile of dirt over their graves is more of a memorial than they deserve. When it comes to terrorism or terrorists, if you make excuses for them or support their movement .. you are then in bed with them .. and you are ALSO an enemy to all civilised people everywhere.

You really need to examine whether you are a civilised human being or just another mad dog. Based upon your above comments, I am not sure which one you are.

BTW - I agree there are many pervasive problems around the world .. HOWEVER, terrorism is NOT the answer. All terrorism does, is make a mockery of whatever religion is used as an excuse. (Christian, Judaism, Muslim, etc).

It must be nice to live in a world where Unicorns crap skittles and tinkle rainbows.

Chief Bones, well, we can agree... We disagree on the value of a target like Osama...

And of course, I dont believe everything they serve us in the media... I honestly doubt that these mountain boys are "responsible"... I dont say they are innocent or nice people, but I believe that they are more an answer than a source...

And they are so so easy to replace... It takes incredible resources to kill one, and it takes just a few seconds to make a hundred.

Have you seen a shanty town in a third world country sir? I'm honestly amazed... by how kind a human being can be. If it was a person like me, who grew up with Disney product and the promise to be a prince living a comfortable... It would have destroyed the world for less humiliation than this.

And I'm honestly sick and tired of this cowboy BS. "you are against me or with me"... You want an honest answer?

I'm with you to the bone against terrorists. I want to exterminate every last one of them. But not the people labeled as terrorists, I mean the real terrorist.

Every scum bag using illegitimate force to get his egoist way.

But I dont agree on the method at all. I think that the use of violence against terrorism is a waste of resources. I would use violence in self defense. If a terrorist is running toward me with a bomb, I would scramble his brains with the bigger caliber available for sure.

But to make sure that he wont be replaced. Because that's the main problem. I would invest on a political/economic solution. Read above.

Poverty = desperate people
Unfair system = frustration
You mix these twos, and you get something very close to terrorism... The rest are just cultural variations.

And to be completely honest, I'm still in the "terrorist or freedom fighter" debate... Hate their methods, love their cause...
And sometimes, they are so so so underpowered compared to their foes that you do the mistake to excuse their methods... Then boom, you are an enemy sympathizer... then: GUILTY, HANG HIM!!! End of story...

But your "you are with me or against me" is too simple for this situation... I forgive you. Because when you have to deal with this crap first hand... You cant afford to not know if you are with friends or enemies.

So here is what I can tell you:
On the battlefield. I'm with you all the way. No questions asked.

But on the academic battlefield. In an university. When the guns are far away and that we are safe and supposed to face the ugly truth. You drop your "you are with me or against me". And I can side and support whoever I want... And not get persecuted ,whatever what I say. Means we can take a beer the same night without punching each others in the nose.

That's my definition of being civilized.

edit:
03USMC, come on, admit it. You would love that too.
Now, I know that I'm probably dreaming. I know that it wont happen.

But on the other hand, you are dreaming too when you think that you are going to destroy every terrorist on the planet by sending the cavalry...
War against terrorism is like using antibiotics against a common cold.
The more you use them, the stronger it gets. So you use higher doses... You kill your enemy, but it's replaced by nastier ones that spread faster. And at some point, you weaken the bodies of the people you are supposed to help... And then, they get sick and turn into carriers.
You can keep doing that. But at some point, you will lose the people who know how to make these antibiotics, and then, the method will fail for sure.

So unless you research bullets that kills only terrorists.... I think that my way is more realistic.

Last edited:
Sorry LM .. but .. I gotta agree with 03 ..... you are living in the land of unicorns, skittles, rainbows and fairy tales.

The ONLY reasonable steps we can take, are to protect ourselves the best we can against terrorists and the violence aimed at innocent civilians. We don't have enough money to cure everybody's problems.

And before you say it .. I don't support EVERY governmrnt policy or government program dealing with a foreign country either.

The major difference between you and me, is the fact that I live in the real world ... I can ONLY deal with the real world (the same one I have seen in just about every corner of the world over a 66 year lifetime). I have seen poverty in the midst of luxury ... horror in the company of beauty. You don't think that I was wrapped in a cacoon for my 20+ years of military service do you??? ( Korea, Vietnam, Granada, and service during Iraq and Afghanistan). Service spanning 1961-1992.

As much as I would like to believe there isn't a problem we can't cure ... I know that as long as one man hates another man just because of his religious beliefs, we will NEVER see real world peace. While a religion preaches hate for everyone who doesn't believe as they do ... we will NEVER be able to start curing the ills of the world ... let alone actually curing them.

Chief Bones, I feel like it's going offtopic here, but let me share some serious FACTS.

What we dont have, is the money to wage a conventional war against terrorism.

All your military training and expertise isnt the solution to end terrorism. It's the source of terrorism actually... People resort to terrorism to win wars against enemies with superior skills in warfare.

If you go at it the traditional way, you will use torture, puppet dictators etc... and then, you will destroy yourself as a civilization and get your ass kicked in the long run. Look at Iran, South America, and the European empires and their colonies...

And how much money did we spend in Iraq and Afghanistan to "export democracy"? Did it work? And look what's happening in the Arab world. These people want democracy.

We supported dirt bags like Khadafi & Saddam & Moubarak thinking that they were protecting us from "the terrorists". And the people there found a way to somehow defeat these puppet dictators and now they are asking for democracy...

They dont want to build a terrorism empire and to bomb us... They want schools, they want hospitals, they want respect, they want true politics...

Your "there is too many mouths to feed" logic is old thinking... Why are you like this? why do you treat people with such disrespect?
These people are NOT beggars asking you for spare change... They are people who are asking for the freedom to take care of their lives. They want the rights we have.

Now, if we are privileged people who took more than our fair share... Then we have to give it up. It's only justice. It cant harm us on the long run.

And Chief Bones, I do think that you lived in a cocoon. Not a soft cuddly cocoon, but I dont think that you have seen the real world I saw.

Tell me honestly, did you meet people? did you speak to people? Do you speak their languages? do you know their lives?

I happen to speak a little Arabic (rusty as hell, but I understand). I can manage a little English and I speak fluent French (very spoken all over Africa)... I traveled, I've seen Algeria, Morocco, Mauritania, Mali, Lebanon etc... I met so so many different people before reaching this point...

And honestly... I dont believe this "they hate our beliefs". If you are speaking about religious beliefs... Then you are victim of false informations & false reports.

It would be like deploying Marines in New York to stop the criminal activities... It's really an over-reaction...
And the puppet dictators we used to "secure" our interests dont really have "honest" in their resume... They manipulate the religious extremists to get Western support.

I strongly believe that you have been manipulated. Maybe that you still think that it's a religious/civilization battle...
It's not. It's a socio-economic battle... They dont care about our beliefs... A few extremists do. Of course. But they are marginal at best...

Look at Egypt... The Muslim brotherhood looks like a "tacky" political group... A bunch of losers with no power and no solutions...

And with no puppet governments to fight and no crushing Western economic dominance causing humiliation... The terrorist groups are just disabled at their core...

And I think that you fail to see that...

The pernicious idea that poverty causes terrorism has been a popular claim since the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001. Eliminating the root of terrorism is indeed a valid goal -- but properly targeted military action, not welfare handouts, is the means of doing so. Terrorism is not caused by poverty.

The terrorists of Sept. 11 did not attack the United States in order to make the Middle East richer. To the contrary, their stated goal was to repel any penetration of the prosperous culture of the industrialized "infidels" into their world. The wealthy Osama bin Laden was not using his millions to build electric power plants or irrigation canals. If he and his terrorist minions wanted prosperity, they would seek to emulate the United States -- not to destroy it. More fundamentally, poverty cannot determine anyone's code of morality. It is the ideas individuals choose to adopt that make them pursue certain goals and values. A desire to destroy wealth and to slaughter innocent, productive human beings cannot be explained by a lack of money or a poor quality of life -- only by anti-wealth, anti-life ideas.

The fundamentalists' hostility can be translated into international terrorism only via the governments that employ, finance, train and provide refuge to terrorist networks. Such assistance is the cause of the terrorist threat -- and we do have the military might to remove that cause. This firm line must be maintained and strengthened. All states and individuals must know that, if they give any kind of support to terrorists, we will not hesitate to use coercive measures against them.

Just MHO

Who is talking about welfare? I just say that we should rather invest in these parts of the world rather than to pay millions on hightech weaponry to destroy these poor people.

Terrorism isnt a threat... They CANT do enough damage. They cant kill enough people to make a difference whatsoever...

The critical part is how we answer to these attacks. Look at Iraq. The whole country was threatened by terrorism. Wasted tons of resources. Men and money... Pissed off our allies. Lost a huge part of our credibility...

We have, in our countries, many many many SOBs who control the finance world and the economic system. And these scum bags made sure to suck the blood of many under-developed countries.

These are the troublemakers who never get annoyed by moral values, laws or anything... In many countries, some honest people work all day to be poor. And we cant explain that just by "they are not working smart." The whole system is corrupt. We are shaped to kill each others, thinking that our welfare is at the price of the poverty of the others...

When people have a life, when they feel respected... They dont want to bomb you... But when you humiliate a people... With Israel, with awful economic doctrines and denying them any political hope by supporting dictatorships... Terrorism turns to be a really charming answer. As I said, I'm extremely pleased to see that only a few extremists act.

Because most people did the intelligent choice because they are not violent and because all they want is enjoy life... Even with huge handicaps, they tried to make the most of it...

But it's sad to see that educated people like you guys refuse to see the awful truth. It's easy to react like you do. Unleash the dogs of war, and kill any opposition, and if it doesnt work, well, too bad...

Its cowardly if you want my opinion. I remember Sarkozy when he was getting elected. Parading on TV about security. Arresting small kids trying to make an easy buck by selling drugs to rich kids... But you will never see him attack the business of a real drug lord... These guys are connected.
Judges get blown off with the whole bridge and their whole protection team when they try to harm the business of the Mafia in Italy...

Nobody dares to attack the tip of the pyramid... You are in free fall, moving where there is less resistance... You dont chose to go where it's right... You go where you can...

What I think of your comments .......

LM .....

I don't know how many ways I can put this .....

#1. I have met just about as many different peoples as you have. I may not speak any other language other than English with great proficiency .. however .. I never had any trouble being understood or understanding what another person had to say.

#2. Some of the areas I was stationed at, had crushing poverty and NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON OR GROUP RESORTED TO TERRORISM (other than the VietCong).

#3. I live in the real world, and you seem to live in some ivory tower land of never-was. While I would be ecstatic if we never again had to send our young people into harms way, I know without a doubt, that as long as one religious fanatic is alive that won't let-and-let-live .. that can't or won't allow others to have a religious belief different than theirs ....... world peace is just a pipe dream ... just another rainbow dream from YOUR fairyland.

#4. I'll let YOU turn the other cheek when another bomber straps a bomb on and then sets it off in a crowd of your neighbors and friends. I'll let you cry for the 'poor terrorist' who fires rockets into peacefull neighborhood and kills hundreds of innocents (many of them women and children). Personally, I will put a bullet in every terrorist's head I capture and NOT lose even one moment of sleep. Unlike you, I believe the best way to deal with terrorism, is to kill more of them than they kill of us. Make terrorism so dangerous a proposition that it is sure death if you wage a terrorist war, and there will be less terrorists who are willing to carry out attacks for fear they will be executed if they are apprehended.

#5. I believe we should do EVERYTHING we can do to hold countries accountable that allow even one single terrorist to seek sanctuary in their country. We need to carry out embargoes, freeze bank accounts and to hold world leaders PERSONALLY accountable for ANY terrorism that originates in their country.

PERSONAL OBSERVATION:
YOU CAN CRY FOR ALL OF THE WORLD'S TERRORISTS YOU WANT ... YOU CAN CONTINUE TO MAKE EXCUSES FOR WHY THERE ARE TERRORISTS (AS YOU CONTINUE TO DO), TO MAKE EXCUSES FOR RELIGIOUS FANATICS AND OTHER SLEAZEBALLS, THAT THINK WAGING WAR ON INNOCENT PEOPLE (SOME OF THEM THEIR OWN NEIGHBORS), IS HONORABLE. AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED, THE ONLY GOOD TERRORIST, IS A DEAD TERRORIST -

I AM MORE THAN WILLING TO ADD TO THE DEAD TERRORIST LIST. A BULLET TO THE BACK OF THEIR HEAD IS ALL THE MEMORIAL THEY DESERVE.

As far as your 'pyramid' theory ... it is just another quack conspiracy theory ... signifying ABSOLUTELY nothing.

Last edited:
You go too far. Chief Bones, why do you go this far?

"turn the other cheek"? Do I look like a peaceful guy who would give the other cheek? I'm not a coward.

"World peace"? Do you see me speaking about that? I say that we have to kick ass, but the problem is that we are not kicking the roots of the problem.

I'm saying that if world terrorism is a pyramid, we have to attack the top. And the bottom when we have to, as the bottom is way too wide for our grasp.

Our resources are powerful, but limited. I say that we have to focus the use of force against the causes of this evil, domestic and foreign, starting with the most powerful ones, and trust me on this, they are closer to your house than these cave dwellers you are focusing on.

And if you think that you can kill more of them than they kill of you... Then you have already lost. You will be overwhelmed. There is no future in your path.

And by the way, you will have to add me to your enemies if you follow this course. Because if you hold the governments responsible for the actions of the individuals in their lands... Then it means that these governments must have power on these individuals.

It may happen to me too. As the government will have to put his nose in my business to assure you that I'm not an evil-doer.
And I dont want to give the government this power. Not because I have things to hide, but governments are people, and they have a potential to be corrupt... So I will have to be your enemy as you denied me my right to be an individual and not follow the will of my government.

Your position have absolutely no future... The governments in place cant control the individual behavior of their citizens... And if they do, they turn into enemies of democracy, freedom, independence, individual rights etc... And they will be terrorist states/dictatorships...

Cant you see how flawed is your way of thinking? Dont you see that it's exactly how the governments in power acted to build terrorism?

Your definition of the terrorist is primitive. At best.

And then, you accuse me of taking their defense... It's silly... I'm talking about a better way to minimize terrorism. It wont disappear. Mankind learned the concept of terrorism, it wont give it up as long as it's working.

And you idea of "let's terrorize the terrorists"... It's nice,... To impress a drunk girl maybe and look manly... But it's silly.

But as long as you have the "evil empire" tag on your flag and forehead... You will get bombed by simple minded people who want to do something good with their miserable lives...

If you cant understand that... Then you are lost, sir.

So I predict doom for close minded people and arrogant fools who think that they can push back the sea by kicking the waves... That was the weather from my ivory tower. Hope you enjoyed it.

LM ...

Evidently I didn't go far enough.

You continue to preach from an ivory tower and view the world through some kind of academic perspective and colored glasses. I look at the real world and realize you can't cure the world's ills by complaining about them (as you do). It requires governments that are willing to reach agreements NOT to suppress their own people ... NOT to allow terrorist organisations to use their country as a safe haven ... not to support them monetarilly in any way. In short, ALL governments need to address their OWN country's ills, fight terrorism in all ways and let other countries address their own problems.

Since that is NOT the way things are, all you can do is to try to protect your own country by attacking terrorism wherever you find it. IF it is just down the street, then you have to root it out and destroy it down to the last rootlet. This is ALSO the way you need to address terrorism when faced by it in ANY corner of the world.

Somehow you seem to think you can talk away terrorism ... and, from everything I have seen ... that is just plain stupid.

You fail to view a much more complex reality.

First, academic knowledge is not just plain useless theory. In an ideal world, intellectuals define concepts and politics take decision within these concepts.

Now, we have politics defining concepts. It's called corruption, and it's not working. You believe your own propaganda... That's the problem here. You contradict yourself and you dont even see it.

Terrorism is a very complex concept. You cant fly a plane and say: oh look, there is a flag saying "terrorist gathering over here.", let's go there and drop bombs...

This cowboy BS dont work. As long as there is humiliated people out there, you will have terrorists... And they are many who feel this way.

We need controled use of violence to stop terrorism. SWAT like units who take huge risks to not harm the innocent, not conventional military forces... And a lot of intelligence work. Not military intelligence (it's a joke)... And dont expect miracles, they wont succeed all the time. This means that sometimes, a dance floor full of young kids or a bus full of honest people going to work will blow up... It's a shame, it's awful, yeah sure... But if we let our emotions take control... We are dead as a civilization.

And then, we have to destroy their will to bomb us... Not through terror and humiliation like you are asking.... But through political promises. Fair ones. I dont ask you to bend over to anyone... I ask for social justice. I dont ask you to hand over your hard earned money to anyone, I just ask you to not defend the criminals who took their money and resources... And I ask you to work as much for the things you need to live as the others on the planet...

Last edited:
Terrorism is not a very complex concept!

We hear again and again!

The root cause of terrorism is foreign domination and control of Muslim resources.

The root cause of terrorism is the hatred of the Western way of life.
The root cause of terrorism is alienation.
The root cause of terrorism is poverty and illiteracy.
The root cause of terrorism is the moral decadence of the West.
The root cause of terrorism is the West's support for Israel.

Do you know what I think is the root cause of terrorism?

It works.

By that I mean those using terrorism in the world today do it because it achieves their objectives and it will continue to work as long as there are people who think and believe like you. Very simple. And I think beyond dispute.

There are only two ways to stop terrorism:

Surrender and live under the domination of terror. Or soundly defeat the terrorist.

You can't talk to it. You can't buy it off. You can't understand it. You can't win it over with compassion.You can't reason with it. You can't negotiate with it. You can't bargain with it. You can't appease it away. You can't wish it away.

In fact, this is an enemy that cannot be seduced by expressions of "tolerance" and gestures of goodwill. It is actually repulsed by such moves – seeing them as weakness to be exploited further and signs that their strategy is winning the day.

We often hear, most often from those on the left, that in order to prevent terrorism we must address the root causes. When asked the obvious question, what are the root causes of terrorism, what drives people to become suicide bombing murderers, they claim it is a complex issue with many and varied reasons driving terrorism. They point to poverty, lack of available employment, poor living conditions, lack of education, feelings of persecution, or any of a myriad of pet causes. Unfortunately for all their social woes drive terrorism claims, research has shown that a significant number of those conducting acts of terror, including suicidal acts of terror, are well educated, often with bachelor’s degrees or even higher education, come from well-to-do families, Osama bin Laden is a fine example, and do not fit any of the oft blamed social ills for terrorism. So, what could be behind terrorism?

Actually, it is not really all that complicated. The reason behind the majority of terrorism comes down to the most obvious reason, pure hatred. It is not due to anything more complicated than a level of hatred that drives groups and individuals to make the eradication of the objects of their hate their driving reason for living, or dying. This form of hatred can then be driven by their society, through indoctrination, incitement, their religion, politics, or other peer and societal pressures.

You have no, and I repeat, no competence to express yourself on the quality of military intelligence. And what is it you think is the difference between civilian and military intelligence?

In my job, I´m in closer contact with the intelligence people than you ever will. Again you are blowing smoke out of your ass.

LM .....

I don't know how many ways I can put this .....

#3. I live in the real world, and you seem to live in some ivory tower land of never-was. While I would be ecstatic if we never again had to send our young people into harms way, I know without a doubt, that as long as one religious fanatic is alive that won't let-and-let-live .. that can't or won't allow others to have a religious belief different than theirs ....... world peace is just a pipe dream ... just another rainbow dream from YOUR fairyland.[ /quote]

................................................................................................................

Perhaps I can put it another way............

All they want is a planet of their own. And someone to pay for it.

Last edited:
There is a little insight in what you say... But I think that you minimize the question a lot.

Terrorism as a concept is eternal. So an all out war against terrorism is a political manipulation and/or giant mistake.

From a technical point of view:
Terrorism is a response to military dominance in the conventional battlefield.
So using conventional warfare against terrorism will only lead to more terrorism.
The use of unconventional warfare against terrorism is a form of terrorism and it will lead at a total destruction on the civilizational stand point. (example: you use torture to get results, you are then a criminal/terrorist/savage) And it will give the terrorists a legitimacy to hire more people to get killed/tortured.

We cant afford the level of horror to "terrorize the terrorists."

We can maybe make terrorism into a bad business... For a government, for a ruling party, for a country etc...
But extremists, by definition, are immune to such threats. They are extremists after all, they want to go to the bitter end... It's martyrdom they think.

Our only hope is in politics. Politics doesnt mean empty words, and a smile on TV... I mean politics at it's initial meaning, changing the paradigm of society. To change the behavior of the citizens.

And like it or not, even the most extremist terrorist have some legitimacy in their cause. The Afghan bombing the invaders have every right to kill anyone attacking him and trying to rule him in his land.
The Palestinians have every right to be upset as the Israeli took their lands.
The Iraqis have every right to refuse to obey a government if they dont trust it/want it...
The list is long...

If we deny them the legitimate part in their cause... We would also deny them public support (young people willing to join them as they are seen as the only people fighting for the right cause).

And at the end, if we succeed in this path... We will still have the fanatics, the idiots, the naive who are being manipulated to neutralize...

But this all out war on terrorism is a very poor response... Dont send modern tanks to kill a kid with some explosives and a rusty AK...

And please, read carefully, I dont speak about negociation here... I say that we have to cut their source of new blood.

And I honestly believe that terrorism is gaining terrain... And that our military forces are getting tired.

Terrorism is a crime, a higher, more dangerous version of crime, a kind of super-crime incorporating some of the characteristics of warfare and therefore it makes sense to use military force against it.

That terrorism is a response to military dominance in the conventional battlefield is nonsense.
Unconventional warfare is not the opposite of conventional warfare and you clearly have no idea what the concepts covers. Torture has absolutely nothing to do with unconventional warfare and if you knew what unconventional warfare is, then you would also understand why it is a good and effective way to combat terrorism.

There is nothing in terrorism which can be defended as legitimate. The attacks on 9 / 11 can not be justified as legitimate targets but rather as a crime against humanity. As for the Taliban, they are not terrorists, they are recognized as combatants in a conflict and as such they have a legitimate right to fight us.

As for Don’t send modern tanks to kill a kid with some explosives and a rusty AK... Understand this: War is unfair. Your idea of chivalry belongs to an era which has long since disappeared. It's not like a ball game. There is no silver medal for number two.

Terrorism's core is the fear it´s spreading between humans, resulting in changes, big or small, in the mindset of people and ultimately in society. And based on your attitudes to terrorism - it works. The best way to fight terrorism is to never give up and most importantly, not be intimidated. Terrorism's essential nature is to create fear, as terrorism without fear is fruitless. And if you look back in history you will discover that it is an effective way to combat terrorism.

Just look at Rote Armee Fraktion (RAF) in Germany. Their purpose was to overthrow the ruling imperialist world order. In 1992 they gave up using violence, recognizing that the armed struggle had not led to the revolution as they had believed. And in 1998 they finally laid down ther arms after 28 years of terror. And why?

Because the German people would not be intimidated, and partly because many of the leading members through effective intelligence work was in prison and because the German government never yielded. Virtually the same scenario with the IRA in Northern Ireland.

So your pacifist attitude to terrorism only serves the terrorists' purposes. The only thing that helps is firmness whether it takes 28 years or not.

Terrorism can be combated!

Last edited:
GHR, can you please drop the "terrorism works on me". It doesnt work on me. I'm not a fearful person.

I dont worry about my life. In my education, civilized human being cant be bullied. Their only fear is to fail to do the right thing.

You are the one asking for a perfect world. You want to use all your military power against terrorists who by definition hide among civilians, take hostages and profit of every mistake you make.

And honestly, humanity is full of it. The Afghans were displayed as heroic people when they were fighting the Soviets. It's propaganda.

And by the way, many human beings believe that these men were heroes.You dont believe me? Look carefully. I didnt invent this, I can imagine it because I have a LOT of imagination. But reality did beat me to it. This is a very common opinion in the third world countries... Remember the people jumping in joy in Palestine?

It's all a mater of perspective my friend. You dehumanized your enemies way too much. These arent evil monsters, they are human beings. Like you and me.

If you had an enemy to defeat, you would like a tank? or a bomb vest?

Everybody prefers to drop bombs on the enemy from an F16. You dont want to blow yourself against kids dancing... Of course you dont. You have a life.

And the problem is that we learned to live like egoists. Today, it's the Muslims we are crushing.
Let's say we are very strong. And that we wipe out all the Muslims. Do you think that terrorism will end?

No, hell no, next it will be the Africans, then the Asians, then the people from Detroit who are sick of being treated like inferior human beings...

Life aint perfect. We have the strong that bullies the weak. But as civilized people, we have to attack the strong when he is abusing his strength as we have attack the weak when he is using his weakness as an excuse to be strong.

But right now, we are completely failing as civilized people, who side with the strong because he is strong, and we gang up on the weak...

Back