Coffee

pixiedustboo

Redfidelboo
I'm sitting here with a crazy caffeine buzz after trying out two new Starbucks coffee's after 9pm.

I'm curious how you take your coffee? What's your favorite roast, flavor, etc?

My Preference (...at the moment...) is Medium Roast, Organic Yukon Blend from Starbucks.

Milk & Truvia Please

For me coffee always has been and always will be a dessert in a cup.

p.s. Sorry if this is a re-post, I did do a quick search back to 2009.

I am one person who likes his coffee black, with sugar, and I like it sweet.

But when I go to Starbucks or Coffee Bean, they bombard me with so many questions- who needs that... decisions... decisions...

I just want my coffee the way I like it...

I very rarely drink coffee, if and when I do it has to be proper coffee, not instant. I like mine strong with hot milk and one tea spoon of brown sugar.

The darker the better, the stronger the better. I gotta feel like it's punching me in the face. Straight up black, they don't call it "lifer juice" for nothing!

Flavor? Coffee, just coffee.

And like brinktk said ... dark, strong, and black. Hot is good. Warm is good. Cold is OK too. I drink it all day long.

De Caf, mild sugar.

I quit drinking caffeine and haven't looked back.

Last edited:
De Caf, mild sugar.

I quit drinking caffeine and haven't looked back.
May I ask why?

I had been really good with keeping my caffeine very limited while I was pregnant and nursing full time but I am not being as careful now and the other night I choose to have two cups of regular coffee and I was up until 6:30am...oh.

Last edited:
If you don´t have time to make a brew you can always chew on instant coffee.
Preferably the kind with a caffeinlevel that will keep you up untill august 2015.

Turkish Coffee for me.

Double shot, Short,... Black,... and syrupy sweet.

Seeing you reminded me, I'm going to have one, right now

Last edited:
May I ask why?

I had been really good with keeping my caffeine very limited while I was pregnant and nursing full time but I am not being as careful now and the other night I choose to have two cups of regular coffee and I was up until 6:30am...oh.

Once you understand the basics of how caffiene interacts with the body, you quickly realize it doesn't really "boost" anything. It pretty much blocks the holes in your brain's sleep receptors because it is so similar to the hormones your body makes to tell you to go to sleep.

With the sleep mode turned off the sugar and whatever kind of crushed insects the coffee chain or soda company puts in your bevarage is free to crank up the volume and get you "hyped".

I sleep better, have no headaches anymore, and wake up so much easier.

Not groggy or agitated anymore. I used to be a caffienated junky, but it got so bad I could turn my head and feel my brain literally pressured against my skull in the oppisite direction.

Hence why I quit, I know it may be more disciplined to montior my intake, but the hell with the withdrawal headaches and sleeplessness again.

Also I don't have nearly as many sleep paralysis episodes since quiting.

Last edited:
If you don´t have time to make a brew you can always chew on instant coffee.
Preferably the kind with a caffeinlevel that will keep you up untill august 2015.

f-cking hilarious! I almost spit out my drink when I read this lol.

f-cking hilarious! I almost spit out my drink when I read this lol.

An Army Ranger wanna be taught me this method before he screwed the pooch and broke his ankle.

Anyway it does work, I "dipped" some of the "good stuff" and felt awake and alert and wasn't ready for bed till next New Years Eve, man what a year that was.

May I ask why?

I did the same Pixie, no caffeine while pregnant. Now it's hard to pass Mickey D's without stopping to get a caramel Frapp, they must be addicting, caffeine? Not sure, but the whipped cream and caramel on top is hard to resist. Tastes great, yet a little pricey. Buying a mixer and starting to make these at home. If I could only find their recipe.. haha

I did the same Pixie, no caffeine while pregnant. Now it's hard to pass Mickey D's without stopping to get a caramel Frapp, they must be addicting, caffeine? Not sure, but the whipped cream and caramel on top is hard to resist. Tastes great, yet a little pricey. Buying a mixer and starting to make these at home. If I could only find their recipe.. haha

I know a guy who knows a guy lol.

Oh and for all you addicts out there here is some good news.

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/ap...o-starbucks-cochineal-insect-extract-20120419

Enjoy your beverages!

M'afraid I'm no fan of Starbucks coffee, it's usually burnt, and way over priced, not to mention those disgusting plasticised cups,... eeeewww, Nasty, nasty, like drinking Moet out of a well used Boiler boot.

As for the remainder of those weird mixtures they sell as coffee,.......... Urk, say no more.

I dunno what they really are, but Coffee, they certainly ain't.

423699c3.jpg

THAT, is a Coffee, Yep, I just had another one. Mmmmm, Coffeeeeee,.........

Last edited:
Back