Coffee

M'afraid I'm no fan of Starbucks coffee, it's usually burnt, and way over priced, not to mention those disgusting plasticised cups,... eeeewww, Nasty nasty.

As for the remainder of those weird mixtures they sell as coffee,.......... Urk, say no more.

I dunno what they really are, but Coffee, they certainly ain't.

I cannot agree more!

I'd rather pay the premium for REAL coffee that I make at home rather than Mc Caffiene to go.

Even on Decaf, sometimes you can't spare any expense.

I deserve a treat once a week. Please. :lol: That's how it is with these pleasures in llife. You give up one to replace it with another. I can easily pass it by but, if I feel deserving - no guilt involved. So enjoy your bland coffee while I enjoy my one pleasure for the weeik. It's delicious and well worth it.

Sorry, I was still editing my post. With all this talk of coffee, I just had to go and get another one, and while I was in the mood I thought that I might take a pichergraph of it to wind up all the caffeine addicts out there.
Here it is again. y'can't have too many photos of a good cup of coffee.:-D Best Arabica beans freshly ground and sipped from fine Swedish glassware

423699c3.jpg

I never realised how grotty my keyboard is.

Last edited:
How is it? I've never tasted this type before. Something tells me it must be pretty strong. I've become accustomed to the sweet flavors, not hot coffee, but the frapps which are more like a desert. Making them at home saves.

That's very unique glassware. I love it. Now I'm craving som Frapp, oh no.

Here y'go,...
http://www.bodum.com/us/en-us/shop/detail/11477-10US/?navid=266

They come in several different sizes and designs. My darling daughter buys them for me, she loves her dear old dad,... and who could blame her? :roll:

How is it? I've never tasted this type before. Something tells me it must be pretty strong. I've become accustomed to the sweet flavors, not hot coffee, but the frapps which are more like a desert. Making them at home saves.
You can shovel sugar into it, it just gets better and better. Pure nectar of the gods.

On a cold miserable day like today the smell alone will make you swoon.

Last edited:
edit_preview.php
I need to do something, I need to do something, I need to do something, I need to .........................​

Last edited:
Sorry, I was still editing my post. With all this talk of coffee, I just had to go and get another one, and while I was in the mood I thought that I might take a pichergraph of it to wind up all the caffeine addicts out there.
Here it is again. y'can't have too many photos of a good cup of coffee.:-D Best Arabica beans freshly ground and sipped from fine Swedish glassware

423699c3.jpg

I never realised how grotty my keyboard is.

How dare you tempt me to fall off the wagon:p

Here y'go,...
http://www.bodum.com/us/en-us/shop/detail/11477-10US/?navid=266

They come in several different sizes and designs. My darling daughter buys them for me, she loves her dear old dad,... and who could blame her? :roll:

You can shovel sugar into it, it just gets better and better. Pure nectar of the gods.

On a cold miserable day like today the smell alone will make you swoon.

I'll have to shop around for these glasses. Online is expensive, but I love them.

I'll have to shop around for these glasses. Online is expensive, but I love them.
No, they are not cheap, that's why my daughter buys them for me, I'm far too miserable do pay that much myself.;)

However, having used them I would certainly buy replacements should I break any. Below are the three styles I have so far, six of each. I'm waiting to see what arrives next birthday.

0c01d3be.jpg

It may seem odd for a bloke, but I have a great liking for "nice" crystal and glass wear and I use it every day.

Last edited:
No, it's not odd for a bloke like you. If it weren't for my boys I would have alot of nice glassware. They tend to break things. Sometimes we have to wait, if you know what i mean.

Sarah, traditional Turkish coffee cups (and the 'pot' to cook it in). They are pretty inexpensive depending on where you get them. (You can get six of them for the price of one of the glass ones).

My husband is Turkish and my BIL is crazy about "traditional" Turkish items so we have a million of these little coffee cups running around. :roll: But they are cute so I deal with it.

p.s. Making good Turkish coffee is an art (as I'm sure senojekips knows) the foam at the top tells you if you made a good cup of Turkish coffee or not. :cool: Skip the the very end of the Wiki article and read about the fortune telling! It's just silly fun!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkish_coffee

Attachments

• turkishcoffee.jpg
    turkishcoffee.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 2
It may seem odd for a bloke, but I have a great liking for "nice" crystal and glass wear and I use it every day.
I like the middle glass the best, I would change up my routine 'traditional' for that quick!

Also, if you like the tall glass check this picture out. (A little decorative maybe, but I think they are nice).

Attachments

• turkishteaglasses.JPG
    turkishteaglasses.JPG
    20.8 KB · Views: 2
I like the middle glass the best, I would change up my routine 'traditional' for that quick!

Also, if you like the tall glass check this picture out. (A little decorative maybe, but I think they are nice).
I like them too, they Turks have great taste and it peaks in their coffee.

I won't even mention their sweets. Mmmmm real rose water flavoured Turkish delight, Yeah I know, I said I wouldn't mention it, so whip me, whip me, I've been a bad, bad boy. :wink:

---snip--- p.s. Making good Turkish coffee is an art (as I'm sure senojekips knows) the foam at the top tells you if you made a good cup of Turkish coffee or not. :cool:
My first introduction to "Turkish" coffee was probably not traditional, but it made me a Coffee junkie at an early age, although I wasn't allowed to partake at the time, the smell was something out of this world.
JamestownEvents said:
Before I was born Dad had his own truck and was employed as a deliveryman for Henry Berry's, who were providores and suppliers to the restaurant and hotel trade. Two of the items that they stocked were coffee beans and raw chocolate, bitter and still containing coarse fibres of cocoa bean. Both of these things bring back pleasant memories of almost 60 years ago, where we all sat huddled around the two bar electric heater in the small kitchen at the back of our Newsagency on Glen Osmond Road, listening the the radio. Mum knitted and Dad read the paper, whereas Robert my brother stoically endured the cold of his upstairs bedroom, where he read his "Modern Motor" magazines (He was a car enthusiast as long as I can remember), and assembled model aircraft. Yes,... the smell of "Tarzan's Grip" and aircraft dope also sends my mind skittering back through the years to those early days

Some time prior to our evening meal, dad would have sought out mum's smallest saucepan which he would then fill almost to the top with the cracked coffee beans, it was then filled similarly with water and put on the wood stove to gently boil for an hour or two. By the time that the meal was finished and the drying up done, the smell of coffee would fill the kitchen, (and no doubt much of the house)

During the first hour or so, as it boiled, dad would carefully top up the brew with hot water from the kettle several times and then when it was nearly done, the now well boiled beans were scooped out of the saucepan with what resembled a long handled tea strainer and the result was carefully examined for colour, smell and consistency and when judged as being ready, a desert spoon full of sugar was added, he would then move the saucepan onto the hotter part of the stove top and allow it to boil down into a thick creamy essence.

The clinking of mum's demitasse cups was the signal for brother Robert to come down from his upstairs room, who being 13 years older than I, was allowed to partake,... the smell by this time was heavenly and almost overpowering, as dad carefully poured out his "Turkish Coffee" into the cup which was then sipped and savoured as one would expect from a pair of the world's top coffee judges.

The pleasure that was evident on their faces was almost beyond description, and I am sure that this experience has had a profound influence on my appreciation of coffee to this day. http://forum.jamestownevents.com/index.php/topic,209.0.html

Last edited:
Sarah, traditional Turkish coffee cups (and the 'pot' to cook it in). They are pretty inexpensive depending on where you get them. (You can get six of them for the price of one of the glass ones).

My husband is Turkish and my BIL is crazy about "traditional" Turkish items so we have a million of these little coffee cups running around. :roll: But they are cute so I deal with it.

p.s. Making good Turkish coffee is an art (as I'm sure senojekips knows) the foam at the top tells you if you made a good cup of Turkish coffee or not. :cool: Skip the the very end of the Wiki article and read about the fortune telling! It's just silly fun!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkish_coffee
\

I plan on buying a few of these.:)
The frapps with whipped cream and caramel drizzled on top, I can't resist.
But, I do know how to make these at home and save money. Both are very good, hot and cold.

I bought a blender and started making these at home, everything included, the whipped cream, caramel, even chocolate, you can try every flavor but caramel is my favorite. Tasty.

About the fortune link:.. I asked the geeks at the squad for a round computer screen yet they were all out.:read:

Last edited:
No, they are not cheap, that's why my daughter buys them for me, I'm far too miserable do pay that much myself.;)

However, having used them I would certainly buy replacements should I break any. Below are the three styles I have so far, six of each. I'm waiting to see what arrives next birthday.

0c01d3be.jpg

From the left-- Caramel Frapp, regular coffee with a little cream and sugar, last but not least, a shot of whiskey. haha

Last edited:
Since I'm working nights/really freakin' early mornings, two or three cups of Folger's French Roast are good to keep me going.

Back