COD: MW2 sucks!

Rage more, scrub. :mrgreen:

This kid probably sucked anyways, but as an 11-year shooter player I'll tell ya there's nothing like bringing some elitist clan player down (especially with a knife). You can almost feel the indignation and disbelief in their text messages - even better if they start hurling expletives with a microphone.

I just laugh, and on the rare occasion I find someone better than me, I add them to friends and learn.

Reminds me of angry German kid, the embodiment of video RAAAGE. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbcctWbC8Q0 in case you live under an internet rock).

Last edited:
Having just played the first hour or two of the campaign, I'm unimpressed. I didn't think it was possible, but this game holds your hand even more than CoD 4 did. It's incredibly linear to the point where it may as well be one of those shooters-on-rails you see in the arcades that do all the moving for you. Considering how badly Infinity Ward is shafting PC gamers with this release (they even removed LEANING on top of everything else) I'm going to have to skip this one. There's no way I can support such an audacious and misguided developer in good conscience.

To me the only improvement in this one is the vast array of cool firearms, though the FAMAS is disappointing. Why add an assault rifle with one of the fastest rates of fire if you're only going to allow burst mode?

I miss Call of Duty 1, it struck a perfect balance between looking cinematic and giving the player more than one approach to most problems. MW2 suffers from the same thing most modern shooters do: it's more like an interactive movie than a challenge. In CoD1 the NPCs follow you, in CoD4 and MW2, you have to follow them.

Last edited:
though the FAMAS is disappointing. Why add an assault rifle with one of the fastest rates of fire if you're only going to allow burst mode?

They actually have 2 very good reasons for this:

1. Have you ever played Tom Clancy Rainbox Six: Vegas 2? If you have, then you will notice how amazingly OWNAGE the FAMAS is. In multiplayer some people dont allow matches with the FAMAS because it is seriously overpowered [Much like the MP40 in COD-WAW]

2. The same reason as to why the G3 was single shot in COD4 - If they made it automatic there would be RAPE

I think IW did a very good job on the game, but I agree to an extent that COD - Finest Hour was better. The Modern Warfare story line is very interesting and well plotted, I cant wait to see what happens in MW3. But, it is too damn easy. In Finest Hour, it took me a month to finish the entire campaign, it was a really good challenge. But now in MW, the storyline is much better, but gameplay isnt.

The Multiplayer however, is totally awesome. Best MP game ever, hands down.

Majority of people do support that view aswell.

I was talking strictly about the campaign; the multiplayer is exceptional but I will never, ever play it for the reasons listed in this article:
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2009/11/pc-modern-warfare-2-its-much-worse-than-you-thought.ars

I sincerely hope no other PC game developers get any bright ideas from this mistake. The _only_ way I will buy this game is if the mod scene rip apart the online service and replace it with a totally open modded version that allows people to play however they damn well please.

Zastava_Arms said:
Have you ever played Tom Clancy Rainbox Six: Vegas 2? If you have, then you will notice how amazingly OWNAGE the FAMAS is. In multiplayer some people dont allow matches with the FAMAS because it is seriously overpowered [Much like the MP40 in COD-WAW]

If these weapons are overpowered on full auto it is because the games don't handle recoil properly. In Rainbow Six 3 the FAMAS wasn't overpowered because of the high recoil combined with the fact that just about any 5.56x45mm rifle in that game has a extremely high chance of outright killing you in one shot to the center of mass (same for hardcore mode in CoD, the only mode I bother with). Unless you are at point blank range, it should be more about who can get off the first accurate shot than whose lead output is higher. The CoD FAMAS and G3 should have much more than the others on automatic, but don't because CoD handles the recoil for you - you see the gun move but your aim is unaffected. "Balance issues" is a cop out, same reason they removed leaning from the PC version. Too lazy to solve the problem of overpowered true-to-life weapons the right way.

Got a bit farther in the campaign at my neighbor's - I facepalmed when I picked up dual Desert Eagles. The last shred of Infinity Ward's credibility just died in my mind.

Not saying MW2 is a bad game - it's excellent - but sadly I feel it is a downgrade rather than an improvement over the previous entries in the CoD series, bringing it in the same direction that Ubisoft took Rainbow Six with Lockdown and Vegas.

And who can resist a Mk.17 with a Master Key?

Last edited:
Well, IW isnt necessarily aiming for realism. Hell, you can dual-wield BLOODY P-90'S LOL!!

Regardless, the FAMAS ingame is still good, you just need to have some skill with it and to be able to tap the shoot button quickly.

And yes, MW2 for PC is very bad, some ratings are as low as 2/5, mainly because you cant mod it.

I play on the PS3 so this isnt a problem for me, but I think IW will get the hint that allowing mods = more money because more people would buy it. Thus logically you would expect MW3 to be "Moddable".

And I agree, the multiplayer is awesome.

the_13th_redneck said:
I feel like games have been too dumbed down lately.
That just about sums up exactly what I'm trying to say in my posts. It's literally to the point where many missions place a "Follow" waypoint over the NPC. No thinking, just shooting.

This part contains spoilers:

Got a bit farther (thanks insomnia!) and I must say the missions that take place in America are downright epic. I've always wanted a game like this set in familiar surroundings, even if the story is a bit nutty (MAD anyone?). Have to say it was a missed opportunity for IW to cash in with some non-offensive in-game advertising - instead of Taco To Go they could have had product placement with Taco Bell for example. That's the right way to do in-game ads.

I dont really like the American missions, they seem to straightforward:

1. Get from Point A to Point B
2. Shoot every enemy you see
3.Hold position at point B

Only good mission was when you raid the White House.

I just don't see how my fellow youths even in my country can get so hyped over a video game??? Really I have never broke down in tears over a game that just sucks, or a good game that I suck at.... I mean really I just see how you could get to that level? And I'm not someone who doesn't hardly play todays biggest games, I mean, I play allot of em! Ha ha but I don't see the point of self mutilation or destroy expensive software just cause you had emotional moment on a over emphanized aspect of your life, I mean crap dude, it's a video game for entertainment, not like you found out your secretly adopted or ur birth certificate is messed up. You have the reciept? Take it back and stop going crazy! It baffles me how some kids act like that these days, not enough life in their lives, to much time to focus on unimportant things like this.

Remember the first Ghost Recon that was so easily moddable? Missions easy to script etc.? Now that was real fun. If only there was something where the game play is exactly the same, a terrain modifier included and graphics improved. That would be truly epic fun.
The sort of fun you could have on the embassy map was incredible. You could set yourself up as Embassy Marines fighting off hoarde after hoarde of enemies including tanks and enemy arriving on trucks. You could create a scenario where you have to rescue some folks from the shot down helicopter. A scenario where you could be providing overwatch to an angry anti-American crowd in front of the embassy where a shooter could emerge and any civilian fatality would be a failed mission...
There were maps where it was mostly a stretch of road and I wrote a road block mission where most of the traffic coming at you would be civilian but occasionally there would be that one that is't so friendly and to make matters worse the map is a foggy map.
You could substitute the characters for your friends or whatnot. Create your own loadouts...
It was like FPS Lego.

I miss those days :(
Speaking of which I might get a collectors edition with the three original Ghost Recons sometime. I've lost my old copies ... :(

That just about sums up exactly what I'm trying to say in my posts. It's literally to the point where many missions place a "Follow" waypoint over the NPC. No thinking, just shooting.

I'm glad don't look at life through a video screen, I have goals, and just working hard and watching them fall into place brings enough happiness into my life, and by the good Lord above keeps me from freaking out like this kid. And yea, I am going to buy the game ha ha!

i own a ps3, and i have not gotten mw2, and this was the most overhyped game of all time, my friends made it out to be the seconded coming of jesus himself. Also their far better games out right now, killzone 2 and uncharted 2, both amazing, the game i cant wait to come out is MAG!!!! 256 players and true tactics! cant wait :-D:-D:-D

Trust me, Killzone 2 is nothing compared to MW2. MAG might be good though...I wouldnt hold my breath, id expect a fair bit of lag.

Back