COD: MW2 sucks!

I had a kid in my math class who "supposedly" has fired a .44 Magnum and says the recoil isn't that much, when I'm at least 99.9999% sure that the recoil can cause the barrel to be pointing in the air after firing.

Or all the kids now who swear their neighbors are PMC guys, with garages full of assault weapons, or all the stoner's who think they are tuff stuff cause they know a guy who knows a guy with a ragged SKS or worn out bush gun.

This all started happening around 2007 for me, with the release of Modern Warefare.

Speaking of which, I just got into an argument with a kid saying MW2 is realistic with the Javelin being able to lock on to air targets and random spots on the ground, basically an "advanced mortar", to use his words. Then I spent the rest of the period trying to explain that the Javelin can only lock on to ground targets such as tanks, and other vehicles, but not air targets or random spots on the ground.

Speaking of which, I just got into an argument with a kid saying MW2 is realistic with the Javelin being able to lock on to air targets and random spots on the ground, basically an "advanced mortar", to use his words. Then I spent the rest of the period trying to explain that the Javelin can only lock on to ground targets such as tanks, and other vehicles, but not air targets or random spots on the ground.

You would be wrong. It's been a couple years since my Javelin brief, but I'm pretty sure it can be used against slow-moving air targets, such as helicopters. That kid was an idiot for calling it a mortar, but he's not entirely wrong.

I just had an opportunity to get some time with the mutliplayer of the PC version. It's even worse than I thought. I have honestly never played a PC game with multiplayer that is this much of a pain in the ass, and I've been playing them since DooM. Let's see:

-Maps are randomly chosen for you - don't like a map, or want to play your favorite? SOL.
-You have about a 50/50 chance of getting a host with unacceptable (>100) ping-
-If the host leaves the game you have to wait a while for the game to pick a new one, in many cases the game simply ends because no one else is capable of hosting due to NAT issues or because their ISP doesn't allow it.
-Leaving a laggy host counts as a defeat on your record
-Since there are no dedicated servers (hence no admins), the host can't kick people, and most weapons can penetrate barriers, hacking is more common than in any other game I've seen
-You have to get to level 19 just to play the only game type I am at all interested in, Hardcore Team Deathmatch

It's all the worst parts of console gaming, mixed with technical headaches of forcing people with all different hardware configurations, network connections, and connection speeds to host games. I despise Activision and Infinity Ward for this, because the gameplay itself is quite fun. The PC version is abolutely, positively, not worth $60. I might buy it when someone comes out with a way to play on dedicated servers outside of this horrendous "service," which makes the game almost completely unplayable to someone who is used to never joining a server with >60ms ping. Some of the hosts they set me up with are easily >200ms away. Totally useless.

The worst part by far though is the fact that people are willing to take this crap just because they pulled it with a big-name title. They're literally taking your freedom and giving you less, then calling it a service.

Last edited:
Someone already did make a mod for it.

And c/Commander, thanks for the info. I never knew it could lock onto helos. That's pretty damn cool.

COD is really emphasized to wards the gear, not the Various fighting units and military forces around the world that would employ it, or the international crisis's that would require them, and thus there gear, to put on the field, its all about the right trigger in this game, like every FPS, you don't feel or see yourself, you see only your weapon, its like the weapon you are holding is a vehicle, it's like I was piloting the SCAR H through the map.

Got some more time in multiplayer. Can't figure out the SCAR, it just doesn't seem to work for me regardless of the perks I choose and how I use it.

My favorite class I've made is the TAR-21 with holosight and GLOCK 18 with the throwing knife and stun grenades. Combined with Marathon, Lightweight, and Commando, it's a beast designed completely around knives. I got an entire team when I caught them from behind in an alley on Underpass, knifed 9 of them shot 2 and got the last kill of the game with the throwing knife within 30 seconds of joining.

It's because this game is so fun that I take issue with the almost broken matchmaking system. I'm tired of being shot through walls by people who are able to openly admit to hacking thanks to the fact there are no admins.

Aye, Brazilian Militia using a javelin or a AA-12.

My favourite class when in the early days was:

SCAR-H with Silencer and Heartbeat Sensor
PP-2000 with FMJ
Semtex
Smoke
Bling Pro
Cold Blooded Pro
Ninja Pro

Now my favourite is:

ACR Bushmaster with ACOG and silencer
M9 Pistol with FMJ
C4
Flash/Smoke
Bling Pro
Stopping Power Pro
Ninja Pro

See, I'm very US Army based. My Assault class is as follows

M16A4 w/ M203 or M4 Carbine w/Red Dot Sight
M9 w/FMJ or Tactical Knife, or AT4
Scavenger Pro
Cold Blooded Pro or Stopping Power Pro
Steady Aim Pro, Commando Pro, or SitRep (still working to get SitRep Pro)

The other class I use is named AMERICAN because it is excessive and awesome:

M4 w/ M203 and woodland camo
AA-12 w/ red dot sight
Tactical Insertion
Flashbangs
Scavenger
Stopping Power Pro
Scrambler

The grenade launcher and AA-12 are of very limited use without scavenger, but with this perk you can keep them fed. You can kill anything instantly out to medium range, and the M4 is accurate enough to reach across the map if need be. There really wasn't any green perk that stood out for this class, so I picked scrambler to make it easier to bait people into walking around a corner and into a wall of buckshot from the AA-12. The trick is to stand just outside Commando knife range to avoid a stabbing.

Edited, no reason for a new post.

Tried the P90 and throwing knife, and I must say using it with Marathon, Lightweight, and Commando (all pro) almost makes the game too easy. You can sprint around at full speed yet aim and shoot instantly. On small maps with lots of corners like Scrapyard knife beats everything, even the dual 1887s. Even on large maps you move so quickly with these perks you can get close enough that it doesn't matter how far your weapons reach.

Last edited:
Yeah i still do not get why people think mw2 is the best game ever its is retarded and unrealistic and way overrated if you think mw2 is the best game ever Major Liability go play some other games that are actually good for example CSS takes skill to play Call Of Duty 2 is very fun Half Life 2 and 1 are classics and are good games so please don'y say mw2 is the best game because it isnt and do say it is like "Real Life" becaues it isnt

Yeah i still do not get why people think mw2 is the best game ever its is retarded and unrealistic and way overrated if you think mw2 is the best game ever Major Liability go play some other games that are actually good for example CSS takes skill to play Call Of Duty 2 is very fun Half Life 2 and 1 are classics and are good games so please don'y say mw2 is the best game because it isnt and do say it is like "Real Life" becaues it isnt

I agree that that MW2 is overrated. I hate the IWNET system for me thats a showstopper. The worst matching system I have ever seen.

But even without IWNET, the SP is boring and the MP feels to much like a arena with people just shooting at each other willy-nilly. There are no tactics and therefore it doesn't seem very real.

BFBC02 feels much more realistic, it captures the enviroment better and therefore its feels more believable.

I don't know, Hardcore Mode is decent, in my opinion.
Given it's still fairly isolated in its settings, causing people to resort to unrealistic tactics... but the gameplay in HC does provide another dimension to the game.

I agree, the regular, rambo-styled multiplayer is pretty irritating, which is why I play it HC; it only takes a couple of rounds, as opposed to 15, to take someone down. And with that fact, people are less likely to run around spraying unmethodically.

Its an okay game, I like COD world at war better,, nothing more fun than using a bolt gun.

its good to challenge yourself sometimes in my opinion

Back