Close Combat : First to Fight

LeatherNeckRVA

I recently got Close Combat, and for those of you who don't know it's a game that was developed with the assistance of the Marine Corps in order to give an more authentic experience, I've heard it will also be used as a training tool, but I don't know that for a fact. It's a fun game and its beautiful to play, the best part of course though is the Marine Corps knowledge you can pick while playing (especially if your are not yet, or have no plans to ever become a Marine) I highly reccomend it, and as soon as I get my Xbox Live going again I'd be happy to exchange gamer tags with those of you who have it for a few matches online.

i just rented it today...
i think the controls are a little to hard to get used to and i sometimes find it much easier to just do something myself because the AI doesnt always take the best cover...

its an ok game, good fun.
it had a lot of potential but it seems it was rushed, there are a few things that could have been done which weren't

yes i am a little late on this one but at the same time i just got out of MCT and the things that this games gives detlails about like the tactics and the methods used are completely accurate. not to mention the weapons on the game are so accurate. i haven't been given the chance to use the A4 yet but i would think it is as good if not better than the A2... i just wish they would make the M16 easier to keep clean. i had the hardest time keeping my M16 clean in the swamps of NC and i can't even imagine what it is like getting all of the sand in the things when you are in the middle of the dessert.

I think the game is awesome. i haven't beaten it all the way through yet but i am working on it.

can i ask how the Corp utilise it as a training tool? are there rec room and you are encourage to play it or is there a time set aside for yours sims?

Locke said:
can i ask how the Corp utilise it as a training tool? are there rec room and you are encourage to play it or is there a time set aside for yours sims?

here in the airwing training i only play first to fight with my fellow devil dogs in the barraks. from what i have read it is for the SOI/ infantry training. however here is some info for you... it is the twentyeth or so paragraph from the top! have fun with it.

http://www.usmc.mil/marinelink/mcn2...2624e51fa0391bda85256fe1004dfb42?OpenDocument

a patch is out for CC:FTF:
http://www.destineerstudios.com/firsttofight/dl/support.html

In addition to providing several performance fixes, the 1.0.2 update includes multiple versions of dedicated server files. The dedicated server’s files in 1.0.2 update give the host a text only ‘light’ server allowing you to change preferences on the fly or a ‘full’ server for those preferring to be an observer and view game sessions in progress.
Update 1.0.2 addresses the following issues:

• Dedicated Server capability added.
• Enhanced observer mode options.
• Fix to the Portfolio function. Portfolios now display the mission and statistics scores properly.
• Fix to the save deletion function.
• Fix for AMD SSE chipsets that were having problems running Close Combat: First to Fight.
• Fix for a rare crash caused by Windows Media Player handling file formats for in-game movies.

The enemy AI on this game makes it the first challenging FPS I have ever played. They dont just pop up and down but react to you and act like they have a brain.

"No better friend, no worse an enemy"
Semper Fi.
:)

Back