Close Combat Badge

What do you think of the Close Combat Badge?

• It's long overdue

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's stupid

• I have no opinion!

• Total voters
DTop said:
The CIB has always been an Infantry badge and unless you are Infantry, forget about it.
The CAB will stand on its own merit as will the CIB. They're just not equal.

Couldn't agree more. If you want a CIB, live the infantry lifestyle and become an 11 or 18 series.

While I was very proud to have earned my CIB later, I personally, and I believe most feel this way, never gave much thought to earning badges. I was too busy doing my job at the time.

greenarmy1980 said:
So I will have no problem wearing my CIB amongst the Infantry units that I may work with in the future.

DTop said:
Just curious, your profile says you're Civil Affairs, how did/will you get a CIB?

I think he meant the CAB(?)

RnderSafe said:
DTop said:
The CIB has always been an Infantry badge and unless you are Infantry, forget about it.
The CAB will stand on its own merit as will the CIB. They're just not equal.

Couldn't agree more. If you want a CIB, live the infantry lifestyle and become an 11 or 18 series.

While I was very proud to have earned my CIB later, I personally, and I believe most feel this way, never gave much thought to earning badges. I was too busy doing my job at the time.

I agree completely with both statements and especially with the last.

I only think it is fair that the infantry who are really at the sharp end of nearly every conflict is acknowledged. As former British Soldier it used to annoy me that a chap a few hundred miles away refuelling aircraft who never heard a shot fired in anger, never missed his meals or failed to sleep between sheets every day got exactly the same medals as I did.

Back