Climate shift is biggest security risk: Australia (Reuters)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I'd certainly like to hear them Phoenix80.

I know we butt heads occasionally, but it is for reasons such as this. You almost never post anything that is original, it is as if you have no mind of your own and rely solely on other peoples opinions and quotes to get you through life. We all know what the "eggheads" on both sides of the argument think. How about some original thought of your own?

Some time back you posted a series of photos of your travels and pets, they were absolutely brilliant, how about some more "original" content.

Surely there is more to you than this?

Seems you don't read my stuff I have posted on other issues like Iran or ....

Read closely!

I do read closely until I get to the external quotes, which are of absolutely no interest, to me as I can read them off the Internet like anyone else if I should desire. What I would like to know is what are your thoughts and how you arrived at them.

I realise that you must put a lot of time into researching all of this but all I see most times is merely a reflection of the ideas of others, pretty much right down to the punctuation.

Sorry, but that is just how I see it, and I guess that I'll have to get over it. Your answer above is a typical example of this, as you have not attempted to give "Your thoughts" on the original subject.

Anyway I realise that this is "Off Topic" and I will not pursue it further than to read your answer, if you give one.

I do read closely until I get to the external quotes, which are of absolutely no interest, to me as I can read them off the Internet like anyone else if I should desire. What I would like to know is what are your thoughts and how you arrived at them.

I realise that you must put a lot of time into researching all of this but all I see most times is merely a reflection of the ideas of others, pretty much right down to the punctuation.

Sorry, but that is just how I see it, and I guess that I'll have to get over it. Your answer above is a typical example of this, as you have not attempted to give "Your thoughts" on the original subject.

Anyway I realise that this is "Off Topic" and I will not pursue it further than to read your answer, if you give one.

I do think based on what I have heard/read/witnessed/ that man-made-global-warming is a political agenda of the Left and is not a scientific one. end of story!

I do think based on what I have heard/read/witnessed/ that man-made-global-warming is a political agenda of the Left and is not a scientific one. end of story!

THATS AWESOME, BUT NONE OF US (APART FROM YOU BRINGING IT UP) HAVE BEEN TALKING ABOUT WHETHER IT'S MAN MADE OR NOT

(sorry caps)

and this is the core of the issue....IT DOESN'T MATTER what the cause is, just what the effect will be and what we, as a planet, are able to do about it.

you're talking about desertification, mass migration, amred conflict for livable land etc etc. and on that scale...it really doesn't matter who believes it, who doesn't, whether it's our fault, or whether it's natures cycle

THATS AWESOME, BUT NONE OF US (APART FROM YOU BRINGING IT UP) HAVE BEEN TALKING ABOUT WHETHER IT'S MAN MADE OR NOT

(sorry caps)

and this is the core of the issue....IT DOESN'T MATTER what the cause is, just what the effect will be and what we, as a planet, are able to do about it.

you're talking about desertification, mass migration, amred conflict for livable land etc etc. and on that scale...it really doesn't matter who believes it, who doesn't, whether it's our fault, or whether it's natures cycle

See, it is fear-mongering!

See, it is fear-mongering!

Oh come on surely you have a blog source somewhere blaming Iran for global climate change or maybe a Muslim conspiracy to sink the world oh wait its all Al Gores imagination.

Seriously man you are the last person to be accusing people of fear-mongering.

Oh come on surely you have a blog source somewhere blaming Iran for global climate change or maybe a Muslim conspiracy to sink the world.

Seriously man you are the last person to be accusing people of fear-mongering.

Well, it is easier to be a "global-warming-is-killing-us" fear monger than "Radical-Islamism-is-killing-us". I know, I know, It takes less efforts to be a global warmonger! It takes lots of courage to admit to the fact that islamic terrorism is a danger. Probably some people don't want to admit to that. I am not concerned about leftists made global warming thing. Sorry, it is not my type.:drunkb:

Is it truly beyond you capabilities to understand that both things may be equally as big a problem for the world?

Is it truly beyond you capabilities to understand that both things may be equally as big a problem for the world?

How many people have died as a result of your global warming theory?

And how many peolple have died of radical islamic terrorism?

This argument is absolutely groundless, if material it comes from anyone that you consider to be a "Leftie" it's wrong, if it comes from the right it's correct. Not a sound basis for any argument. I support the right where I feel they are correct, and have gone to war to support that view, but I'm not averse to seeing both sides of any argument. I feel that your reasoning is totally without logic.

Remember, "A one eyed cat only sees half the mice"

This argument is absolutely groundless, if material it comes from anyone that you consider to be a "Leftie" it's wrong, if it comes from the right it's correct. Not a sound basis for any argument. I support the right where I feel they are correct, and have gone to war to support that view, but I'm not averse to seeing both sides of any argument. I feel that your reasoning is totally without logic.

I don't trust the leftists! My question is un-answered:

And tell me how is the "west" going to fight said radical Islam if a third of its arable land is underwater along with its major coastal cities?

You really have to develop the capacity to understand the world has more than one major problem to deal with within the near future.

You sure you dont want to make some buzzword bingo cards for this guy, I will even let you have the word "leftists".

:)

Last edited:
And tell me how is the "west" going to fight said radical Islam if a third of its arable land is underwater along with its major coastal cities?

You really have to develop the capacity to understand the world has more than one major problem to deal with within the near future.

Look, don't spin my question and feed it back to me. Answer that SIMPLE question plz!

May be I need to repeat them:

Look, don't spin my question and feed it back to me. Answer that SIMPLE question plz!

May be I need to repeat them:

Ok I will answer it, according to the Washington Post and a 2005 WHO survey published in the New England Journal of Medicine the answer is roughly 150,000 dead plus another 5 million illnesses and believe it or not the worst hasn't started yet.

Washington Post
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/11/16/AR2005111602197.html

New England Journal of Medicine.
http://chge.med.harvard.edu/publications/journals/documents/nejm.pdf

Now you answer my questions (no blogs either, creditable sources only thanks).

Last edited:
I don't trust the leftists! My question is un-answered:

That question was directed at Monty not me. My argument is with your lack of logic and personal input into this debate. I'm not so stupid as to argue about something to which I already know the answer.

And on the question of "Leftists", I really don't think you'd know a leftist if you fell over one. From everything I see on this forum your definition of a leftist is, "absolutely anyone who disagrees with your views".

Used in the manner that you use it, It holds about as much water as if I were to start calling you a mass murderer or paedophile or some other unacceptable name. It is totally out of line.

Last edited:

I don't see the contection unless Allah is behind it :neutral:

As for the Lefties, I am a little left of center.

Lefties have their place they balance the Righties.

Last edited:
I don't see the contection unless Allah is behind it :neutral:

As for the Lefties, I am a little left of center.

Lefties have their place they balance the Righties.

Doesn't matter everyone that disagrees with P80 is the equivalent to Karl Marx.
In reality you are probably a center right like most of the board but if the person making the judgment is at the far right of the spectrum then you are by default leftist to them.

Doesn't matter everyone that disagrees with P80 is the equivalent to Karl Marx.
In reality you are probably a center right like most of the board but if the person making the judgment is at the far right of the spectrum then you are by default leftist to them.

See, you're speaking for me again....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back