Class A's

Peper

Hi, I'm new here and I had a question. I heard something about the Army doing away with Class A's. Is that true?

I have heard nothing official about the "termination" of the Army class A's.

There was one site that said the Army was looking to change them, but it was pretty unofficial.

I hope that is true. I like the Class A's and I would hate for them to be gone. Thanks.

All the other services better hold on to their "Alphas". Ya saw what happened when the Rangers didn't keep an eye on their Beret ;)

I hate to be the bearer of bad news Peper.

My platoon sergeant said that the Army is getting rid of the Army Class A uniform and going to an all dress blue uniform. He said he read it in the Army times. I guess the change will happen in a year or 2...maybe right around the time the army changes it's BDU's

Why don't they bring back the dough boy uniform with the belt and everything. Those would look real sharp with different material and maybe blue or green.

Doody said:
I hate to be the bearer of bad news Peper.

My platoon sergeant said that the Army is getting rid of the Army Class A uniform and going to an all dress blue uniform. He said he read it in the Army times. I guess the change will happen in a year or 2...maybe right around the time the army changes it's BDU's

I read the same thing. But I read it will be a modified dress blue. I rather liked the class a's but I did think they looked retarded with the beret's.

I am looking forward to the new digitial camo though! As long as it isn't as ugly as the air forces.

I truely feel bad for them in their blue and green BDU's. ;)

That stinks doody. I don't know why, but I've never really liked the Dress Blues. I guess I'll have to learn to get used to them. :( Thanks for remembering me when you heard the news.

Wait a minute, let me see if i get this whole conversation right, The green dress uniforms are no longer going to be available to soldiers? and instead it's going to be the dress blues? Doesn't that kind of do away with the whole Army Green image???

The Army has had rumors of the Polyester Dress Greens going away for as long as I have been in (16 years)....Don't believe it till you see it.

BTW, the USAF got enough pressure from somewhere that the blue BDU pattern was scrapped.

Speaking of new uniforms, does anyone know when the Army is going to start issuing the new BDUs to soldiers coming in?

catalinargonzalez said:
Wait a minute, let me see if i get this whole conversation right, The green dress uniforms are no longer going to be available to soldiers? and instead it's going to be the dress blues? Doesn't that kind of do away with the whole Army Green image???

that's what my platoon sergeant said. I am sure you will hear more on the subject once the army sets a date for the Dress Uniform change

As the new BDUs go, my unit will be getting them within the next 6 months. I have been told we will get them by June since we are deploying back to Iraq around august

Back