Civillian in the Pentagon

The Other Guy

Spam King
not sure where to post this, but because of location of the scene I'm putting it in here.

In the early 1980s my father was attending American University and was interviewing a General at the Pentagon. upon arrival in the crowded office, the General asks my father if he'd rather do the interview outside. Not really caring, he says yes.

So they go through several winding hallways, down a flight of stairs, around a few turns, and finally they open a door. The door led into the courtyard, which was overwhelming for a civillian.

During the entire interview, my father keeps thinking in the back of his mind about the 20 or so ICBMS pointed at his forehead, and that with the flick of a switch he could be turned into a Soviet grease spot. Overwhelming, for a civiliian.

There used to be a little cafe in that courtyard -- it was known as the Ground Zero Cafe. :shock:

they actually tore down the original cafe earlier this year. The new one will be open in December as a much better eatery.... nukes pointed at a darn cafe.... uh bunker... no cafe :D

Back