Civillian in the Pentagon

--

August 17th, 2007  
The Other Guy

Topic: Civillian in the Pentagon

not sure where to post this, but because of location of the scene I'm putting it in here.

In the early 1980s my father was attending American University and was interviewing a General at the Pentagon. upon arrival in the crowded office, the General asks my father if he'd rather do the interview outside. Not really caring, he says yes.

So they go through several winding hallways, down a flight of stairs, around a few turns, and finally they open a door. The door led into the courtyard, which was overwhelming for a civillian.

During the entire interview, my father keeps thinking in the back of his mind about the 20 or so ICBMS pointed at his forehead, and that with the flick of a switch he could be turned into a Soviet grease spot. Overwhelming, for a civiliian.
August 17th, 2007  
philam15

talk about being put on the spot
August 21st, 2007  
AJChenMPH

There used to be a little cafe in that courtyard -- it was known as the Ground Zero Cafe.
--
August 21st, 2007  
Sevens

Very nice....
August 21st, 2007  
Team Infidel

they actually tore down the original cafe earlier this year. The new one will be open in December as a much better eatery.... nukes pointed at a darn cafe.... uh bunker... no cafe
March 22nd, 2009  
tomtom22

Hahahahaha!!!
March 24th, 2009  
AB_Shorts_Momma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Infidel
they actually tore down the original cafe earlier this year. The new one will be open in December as a much better eatery.... nukes pointed at a darn cafe.... uh bunker... no cafe
Have you been to the new cafe?