Civil Unions Vs Gay "marriage" thoughts? - Page 3

--
Civil Unions Vs Gay "marriage" thoughts?

January 11th, 2008  
pixiedustboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
You do understand that commercials are aimed at an audience?

I really think you are reading too much into what you see on TV.
No, it's just confirming what is going on with the younger generation of men... One word; Metrosexuals.
January 11th, 2008  
Infern0

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedustboo
One word; Metrosexuals.

omg.... a buzzword from 5 years ago!

to the storm cellar!

seriously, look after you and yours, live the way you want to live and let others live in their way....and generally at least ...it all works out

parents are STILL, and w2ill always be the biggest influence in a child up bringing, not school, not TV, not advertising....i wouldn't be so fearful
January 11th, 2008  
senojekips

Regarding the question. Homosexual* partnerships should not be given formal recognition, any more than a business partnership or club membership, as this partnership plays no part in furthering the human race. (Yeah,... I know there are heterosexual couples that shouldn't be allowed to breed either) But that's another story.

I know many will disapprove, but I'm a man of my time, and see no future in this modern politically correct, "touchy feely" world.

I regard homosexuals* as living in a parallel universe. They are there,.... but they play no active part in my universe. Depending on the way in which they interact with others, they range from sometimes "brilliant" people to objects of utmost disgust,.... pretty much the same as some heterosexuals. I will treat them with civil courtesy but never regard them as part of my world.

*I use the word homosexual, because the term "Gay" is a misnomer introduced by them, to make their lifestyle appear less abnormal. It is meant to sound "fun" which to me it is certainly not.
--
January 11th, 2008  
The Other Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedustboo
If gay "marriage" does come to pass then what's next? Polygamy? How many people will it be legal to marry at one time? And if there is a cut off (say 4 persons in the marriage) then someone will be fighting for a 5th, and 6th, etc.

After that happens perhaps we should change the age of consent. Or make <I don't know if I'm allowed to comment on this sexuality, the word was taken out> legal.

This truly isn't just about "gay marriage" or gay rights. As it's been said gays have perfectly equal unions, they only want the term "marriage" to make sure everything is down to the letter "equal." Political correctness is just a nice liberal word to make everyone forget about their own morals and values and the morals and values of their religion under the guise of "not hurting anyone's feelings."

IMHO.
That is almost an exact quote from the 60s, with the subject being interracial marriage.
January 11th, 2008  
pixiedustboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infern0
parents are STILL, and w2ill always be the biggest influence in a child up bringing, not school, not TV, not advertising....i wouldn't be so fearful
I 100% agree.

But what happens when the parent isn't there doing their job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Other Guy
That is almost an exact quote from the 60s, with the subject being interracial marriage.
I'm not talking about interracial marriage. I'm talking about homosexual marriage.
January 11th, 2008  
Chief Bones

I see no problem with a homosexual or lesbian "Civil Union". It is not any different than a marriage ... it is a contract between two people and it endows the couple with the same rights as a married couple. It does NOT threaten my masculinity or sexuality in any way ... and ... I see NO reason to deny others a right to pursue their happiness as THEY wish. Civil union couples should be allowed all the rights, privileges and all of the problems other married couples have to put up with.

Also, why should only a married couple be miserable when they have problems? Seriously though, marriage is defined as a union between a man and a woman, and the purpose of marriage is to provide an environment where procreation and the raising of children can be fostered. A civil union couple can provide MOST of the same things ... however ... because of religious bigotry and religious reasons, MARRIAGE between same sex partners will NEVER be accepted.

The best homosexuals and lesbians can hope for, is a civil union that will guarantee them the same rights and privileges that a marriage contract does.

I refuse to judge their lifestyle choice, and refuse to be part of the hypocrisy that judges them. They have as much right to happiness as everyone else.
January 11th, 2008  
MontyB

I agree entirely.
January 11th, 2008  
tomtom22

Hell must have frozen over.

I find myself in agreement with both Chief Bones and MontyB!
January 11th, 2008  
The Other Guy

wow, I think everyone agrees with Chief Bones!

Homosexuals can hope for more, but it's unlikely.
January 11th, 2008  
pixiedustboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Bones
I see no problem with a homosexual or lesbian "Civil Union".

it is a contract between two people and it endows the couple with the same rights as a married couple.

The best homosexuals and lesbians can hope for, is a civil union that will guarantee them the same rights and privileges that a marriage contract does.

They have as much right to happiness as everyone else.
Hopefully marriage will never be accepted. I'm not as sure as you are.

I agree on all comments above.