Civil Unions Vs Gay "marriage" thoughts?

This is a quote, fairly light-hearted I have to say, from Robin Page, broadcaster, which I believe sums up how we feel here regarding p/c and discrimination:-

'If you are a black, vegetarian, Muslim, asylum-seeking, one legged lesbian lorry driver, I want the same rights as you'.

The police descended on him and arrested him, of course.

Thats any job connected to the Gov IN ANYWAY. In 2 weeks I get to do my 16 hrs in "diversity training" to better understand and relate to ethnic/cultural/lifestyle groups which I may encounter. This years target group....Hispanics. No problemo:cowb:

You'll make it fine until you come up against Gay Himalayan Yak Farmers and Yogurt Employees Union No. 43.:read:

I might be wrong...but I was told the correct spelling is no problemA...yeah...klischees klischees how we love them aight

Regards,
Il

While I personally find homosexuality disgusting, I believe that since gays are born that way they should not be discriminated against at all. To do so would be un-American, if we're really supposed to uphold equality.

There are two houses on my street with gay couples. One of the couples flaunts their homosexuality and always has over the top Halloween parties and such. Their Christmas decorations look like they could cause epilepsy. And I do not want to see that guy prancing about in tights and a top hat again. They're quite annoying.

The other couple acts like anyone else, only they're gay. I don't mind them at all.

I don't see any problem with civil unions. Gays want to be able to marry? Let them have their own ceremonies for marriage, and let the legal term remain civil union. That way we can both have what we want.

Last edited:
Back