Civil Air Patrol, heard of it?

If I may say something, SureShot, I've worked along side of CAP for a few years now, and all I can say is, you have no idea what you're talking about. They are a group of young professionals who know what they're doing and get tasks done well. Great people to work with, and have saved many lives with SAR. I think you need that excess sea water emptied out of your head, Sailor!

Hey, someone else appreciates what we do. Don't insult Sureshot like that. He didn't realize what he got himself into. Not knowing that two C/MSgts were lurking among us. And Sureshot, if you are still here, don't try and pull that stunt again. I may not be as nice next time. ;)

nulli secundus said:
Hey, someone else appreciates what we do. Don't insult Sureshot like that. He didn't realize what he got himself into. Not knowing that two C/MSgts were lurking among us. And Sureshot, if you are still here, don't try and pull that stunt again. I may not be as nice next time. ;)

Hey! I ain't a C/MSgt! Wait, didn't mention me....nevermind.

The argument that just took place is one that I stayed out of. SureShot - I suggest you keep yourself good, cause - I'm pretty patient and don't hold grudges when I moderate - but I'm also only human. I am extremely dissappointed in the way you represented your organization. If you are so desperate to make yourself feel good, find another organization to go after - not one that a few of us would gladly quote our "battle record" and one that upholds a tradition of excellence.

I do not like many Sea Cadets. I will say that. Not because they are sea cadets, but their attitude on the forums. Please do me a favor and try to change that opinion and such... very nice of you...

btw, it's over - if you want to continue this, do it by PM or AIM chatroom - just invite me.. :twisted:

So now that that is over lets discuss things that relate to CAP, such as CAPNews. What is going on? A year I go I had it every month, now they cut back to every to, but they seem to ship it only 2 times a year?

USAFAUX2004 said:
So now that that is over lets discuss things that relate to CAP, such as CAPNews. What is going on? A year I go I had it every month, now they cut back to every to, but they seem to ship it only 2 times a year?

National Board decided this year to publish it once a quarter (i believe) but it is still available online.

CAP

Hi folks-was looking for motivational presentations for the cadet end of our squadron and found this forum. As a CAP senior member (1Lt) and Mom of 2 cadets here in Texas, I'd like to say CAP offers many benefits to cadets and also to our country. Our squadron has regularly had cadets be accepted to the Navy/USAF academies, the army and last yr two went Marines. Several have gotten their pilots licenses by their senior yr. We participate (srs and cadets) in SAR exercises as well as real missions. CAP participates in over 80% of the nation’s inland search and rescue and sees 100 lives saved per year. Our entire family participates and we enjoy CAP, but any of the cadet organizations that encourages young men and women to serve their country, learn to be good leaders and motivate them toward success is to be applauded.

Check out www.texascadet.org to find out more about the cadet end in here in Texas. Also, there are many awesome national activities available to cadets in CAP - you can learn about at www.cap.gov.
Semper vigilans

CrazyCadet142 said:
JROTC is the only thing i know, i think thats the Army Auxiliary... who knows... www.army.mil is the best place i know you could find it

No the JROTC is something the army hosts the CAP is actually a AFAUX we jet 2mil of the AF's money,unlike the JROTC we have direct contact with military personnel and get free rides on AF aircraft and we do SAR, DR, and AE.

Cadet Airman Adam Seaman said:
CrazyCadet142 said:
JROTC is the only thing i know, i think thats the Army Auxiliary... who knows... www.army.mil is the best place i know you could find it

No the JROTC is something the army hosts the CAP is actually a AFAUX we jet 2mil of the AF's money,unlike the JROTC we have direct contact with military personnel and get free rides on AF aircraft and we do SAR, DR, and AE.

JROTC is Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps it is not an AUX., it has Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force. in a way it is prt of ROTC

USAFAUX2004 said:
Cadet Airman Adam Seaman said:
CrazyCadet142 said:

JROTC is Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps it is not an AUX., it has Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force. in a way it is prt of ROTC

There is however an Army Auxiliary with a cadet organization. I believe NSCC is part of it too, for the love of me I can't remember.

C/Maj Korona, CAP
AZWGCAC Chairman

I passed all 3 test required to become C/SMSgt. My PT. AeroSpace 3 and My Doolittle! All in one Night! Tomorrow is the Review Board!

USAFAUX2004 said:
I passed all 3 test required to become C/SMSgt. My PT. AeroSpace 3 and My Doolittle! All in one Night! Tomorrow is the Review Board!

Wow, I am bout to get passed.... Oops...

Back