Civil Air Patrol, heard of it?

I've heard stuff about those Cali cadets. Strange people they are. And this one cadet in the Cali wing. Her handle here is alliehz... :shock: Oh... umm... yeah you heard me :lol: .

On a serious note

SM don't only JUST help with cadets. CAP's 3 missions are aerospace Education, Emergency Services, and Cadet Programs. Even though we always welcome smart Seniors that want to. Many senior members are retired from the armed services and just want something military and active that they can do without having to be committed. CAP is an Auxiliary of the Air Force, and we get called on a lot for missions that are not considered terroisom or National threat. CAP was flying 4 out of 5 Air Force missions during 9-11. And flew sorties during hurricane relief. We also hold several training exercises to be able to perform many many Search and Rescue Missions for down civilian aircraft. including National training opportunities
SM's can earn rank and awards the same as Cadets do, and there's always the need for good people to fill positions.

I enjoy it a lot as a cadet. I've earned the AFA areospace education award based on aerospace test scores throughout the nation.

:eek: How could I have forgotten? I'm looking to join Coast Guard, and I just got done being an observer for a drug buzz (Search)

C/Ssgt. Harris

I was on an O- flight at the time when the pilot was requested to check a certain part of the countryside. No not by the rule book. You have to be 18 to train for MSO.

C/Ssgt Harris

058flightsgt said:
I was on an O- flight at the time when the pilot was requested to check a certain part of the countryside. No not by the rule book. You have to be 18 to train for MSO.

C/Ssgt Harris
Oh, well that is OK..I guess, but you can't get credit officially

I'm a C/AB right now. I took my test for C/Am and passed (is that the abreviation for Cadet Airman? I'm too lazy and tired right now to check) and I took my 2 tests for Cadet Airman 1st Class and passed those. From here on I can only take one test at a time :( I'm part of the North East Region, New Jersey Wing, and my unit is 037. I feel special :D Go NJ! :lol:

alliehz said:
Eh....the pilot should have dropped you off before going the the site.

Agreed.

The pilot should have gotten you out of the plane and gone back. You are a cadet for a reason, and the standards exist for a reason. I seriously suggest making sure you don't break your back in getting your head up your tail before you get said pilot in more trouble then you need. (IOW - keep it quiet.)

So...this thread kinda went cold...would like it to last longer, this seems to be the "residental CAP" thread, I mean its been around for what almost 2 years?

Back