Civil Air Patrol Fires Commander

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor
Washington Times
October 4, 2007
Pg. 10

MONTGOMERY — The Civil Air Patrol has removed its national commander after investigating complaints that another patrol member took Air Force tests for him.
Maj. Gen. Antonio J. Pineda denied that anyone took tests for him, and said yesterday that he never got to tell his side to the CAP's board of governors.
"After being a volunteer in this organization for 20 years, this is how they pay me back," he told the Associated Press.
Gen. Pineda was suspended two months ago after another CAP member said he took tests for Gen. Pineda at the U.S. Air Force Air Command and Staff College in Montgomery in 2002 and 2003.
He was replaced by the volunteer organization's first female leader, Vice Cmdr. Brig. Gen. Amy S. Courter of South Lyon, Mich.

Wow, that's the most I've seen published about it. Oh well, unfortunately every organization has it's rough patches...

I can't believe that....

I know Tony Pineda personally. He is a FDLE Agent and is good friends with my family. He was a member and former commander of my Squadron SERFL-104 West Broward Composite when I was in CAP. Him and my old man go way back..... I've known Tony since I was a young pup.

Once again... I cannot believe that Tony would do something like that. He's a lead Field Agent for FDLE and runs the Broward County Field Office.

People do many out of character things when they experience that kind of pressure. It can happen to anyone.

~Crazy

Back