Cities Cracking Down on Saggy Pants

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor
Cities Cracking Down on Saggy Pants photo
TRENTON, N.J. (AP) - It's a fashion that started in prison, and now the saggy pants craze has come full circle - low-slung street strutting in some cities may soon mean run-ins with the law, including a stint in jail. Proposals to ban saggy pants are starting to ride up in several places. At the...

Personally I think it looks terrible and again, connects peoples' fascination and association with criminals, gangs etc.
Outlawing it might in fact backfire because it would intensify its image as some kind of sign of rebellion.
I dunno... personally I think the glorification of gang culture is screwing up our societies.

It might slow them down when running from the authorities if they have to hold their pants up It may be a good thing?

LOL I watch them here do it, always wondered how they stay on because they are just hanging there. o_O

Pssst.... Kiwi, the secret is to have a big "sticky out" bum. Don't tell any one, it's a secret.

Last edited:
It shows you'd :cen: anybody at the drop of a hat. I got a cousin in San Quentin.

In my class if your pants sag and I see your drawers you get two warnings, the third time I email your mom a picture of you, in class. Never seems to escalate past that step for some reason. :)

LOL. Yeah, that too.

In my school, they have a zero-tolerance policy on pants sagging. Once an administrator gets a glance at you, they grab you aside, yank your pants up, and tie the rope on themselves...Most kids have red marks around their waist after Mr. Berry is through with them. He says it's to help them "recognize and remember where their waist is."

Pssst.... Kiwi, the secret is to have a big "sticky out" bum. Don't tell any one, it's a secret.

Ok I wont tell.....

See My bum don't really stick out like that, it would just slide right off. :shock:

But then again mooning is acceptable Australian Behaviour :cheers:

Well I dunno about USA, but here there's laws about common decency, and I have no doubt that you have similar statutes. No doubt you would be arrested for being nude in a public place, so this would just be a new angle on an old law. It's all a matter of degree, and this is where the line has been drawn.

I LOVE the South. Thanks for the smile Henderson.
Hehe. Anytime bulldogg. And seriously, I like the policy. I don't mind...Hell, it's where we were MEANT to wear our pants, why not make sure we do. It looks stupid sagging... They(those who sag)have this funny waddle-walk to keep em up.

Bugfatty the first amendment is not a blank cheque, please educate yourself to standard. If you require assistance PM me.

Well I dunno about USA, but here there's laws about common decency, and I have no doubt that you have similar statutes. No doubt you would be arrested for being nude in a public place, so this would just be a new angle on an old law. It's all a matter of degree, and this is where the line has been drawn.

Actually in the US freedom speech is extremely liberal. There are exceptions but they deal with "nudity" and "clear and pesent" whatever. As long as I don't see their undies then I don't care. I prefer to leave people to their own business no matter how dumb and stupid they look and I wish more people (and governments) would adopt that philosophy.

If brought before SCOTUS I'm pretty sure they'd rule it was unconstitutional to outlaw baggy/saggy pants since clothing is considered part of "free speech."

Last edited:
I guess I'm just an old fart, I've just got a problem with persons who have Attention Deficit Disorder and must continually be the centre of attention wherever they go.

I see it as the manifestation of a relatively severe form of personal insecurity, and lack of self worth. Other than the fact that they look like they should be still in their bedroom getting dressed.

I guess I'm just an old fart, I've just got a problem with persons who have Attention Deficit Disorder and must continually be the centre of attention wherever they go.

I see it as the manifestation of a relatively severe form of personal insecurity, and lack of self worth. Other than the fact that they look like they should be still in their bedroom getting dressed.

I agree whole heartedly. I hate "hip hop" culture with a passion.

I'm just saying that if one of these cases goes to the supreme court, there is going to be the question of why saggy pants should be banned and answering: "because it looks silly and its annoying" isn't going to cut it and rightfully so in my opinion.

Sorry if my libertarian views has offended anyone.

Back