CIA head says Cheney almost wishing US be attacked (AP)

News Manager

Milforums News Bot
AP - CIA Director Leon Panetta says former Vice President Dick Cheney's criticism of the Obama administration's approach to terrorism almost suggests he's wishing that this country would be attacked again, in order to make his point.

Read more...

I agree, Cheney has nothing to lose and the Republican party have everything to gain if he's proved right. It seems to be wideley accpeted that the US will beattacked again, the blindingly obvious questions of when, where, how, who & why are always in play, but that is the job of ose that protect the USA to try & determine. It's a bit like saying that 1 will come up on the roulette table, you just got to have enough money to keep betting on it. In Cheney's case, still be alive to say "I told you so" at nearly a million years old he can't have that much left in him.

We are forgetting one thing.

It was under Cheneys watch that 9-11 happened. Its pretty amazing to listen to Cheney assert that only "he" can protect America when under his very nose 3000 Americans died while he was busy planning his war in Iraq. Listening to Cheney is abit like the captain (from the grave) of the TITANIC boasting about his perfect passenger safety record.

I am not so sure the GOP would have everything to gain: Another attack would be another reminder of Bush's failure to get bin Laden at Tora Bora. And remember the hotwater Falwell and Robertson got into after they were caught gleefully gloating at the 9-11 tradegy. If Cheney had any sense at all he would keep his mouth shut and let events unfold as they do.

Furthermore I was against the Iraq war from Day One, and most of the vets in Congress are in fact Democrats. The "chickenhawks" tend to be on the other end of the Asile. But despite my disagreement over the war, I never wished for more US KIA and I think I speak for the Dems as well, (I am not a Dem, myself). I think we expected more KIA in Iraq because it was obvious that the Bush Administration was so ignorant and incompetant that the only possible conclusion would be more American deaths. We are accused of being gleeful because we were proved correct on that one, but trust me, I would have gladly accepted to be wrong on that one.

I don't think most rightringers want another attack on the US in order to descredit Obama, but Cheney himself is a nut. I wouldnt put it past him.

Back