CIA has concluded Castro has Parkinson's

DTop

WASHINGTON - The CIA recently concluded that Cuban leader Fidel Castro suffers from Parkinson's disease and has warned U.S. policymakers to be ready for trouble if the 79-year-old ruler's health erodes over the next few years.

If true, the CIA's assessment of the nonfatal but debilitating condition would mean Castro may be entering a period where doctors say the symptoms grow more evident, medicines are less effective and mental functions start to deteriorate.

Although Castro's brother Raul, head of the armed forces, has been anointed as his successor, Cuba analysts fear the possibility of a tumultuous period during which an incapacitated Castro refuses to give up power but can no longer project his overpowering personality to Cuba's 11 million people.

"For Fidel to start shaking in a real and substantial way - in public - sends quite a powerful message to people around the world," said Frank O. Mora, a professor of national security strategy at The National War College.
http://www.billingsgazette.com/index.php?id=1&display=rednews/2005/11/16/build/nation/92-castro.inc

Last stuff I read was that he doesn't trust Raul. Apparently he's "soft" on capitalism and admires the west too much. Entirely too uncommitted to the continued revolution and opposition to all things American.

Once Castro is gone, a new era in Cuban politics will take hold. I think they are sick and tired of Castro's self imposed exile from western relations.

Cuban medicine is actually far more advanced than even the US and it is widely rumoured Castro has been the beneficiary of some "gene therapy".

Where is the "off button"??
:lol:

Parkinsons is not a death sentence ya nut. The former US Attorney General Janet Reno has had it for years along with people like Michael J Fox and Muhhamed Ali. FFS you'd think they just declared he had end stage AIDS or had tested positive for ebola they way y'all are carrying on.

bulldogg said:
Where is the "off button"??
:lol:

Parkinsons is not a death sentence ya nut. The former US Attorney General Janet Reno has had it for years along with people like Michael J Fox and Muhhamed Ali. FFS you'd think they just declared he had end stage AIDS or had tested positive for ebola they way y'all are carrying on.
You're right, of course but then again Reno's not the AG anymore, Fox no longer acts like he used to, and Ali isn't fighting anymore either. So maybe Fidel will follow suit. As the article indicates, it is thought that he won't be able to project his persona as he always has ans as such, will no longer be able to lead Cuba. But who knows?

We used to make a lot of fun of the Soviet-era habit of having top officials and leaders dead already but pretending they weren't so that they could give the announcement days or weeks later. :D
Who knows, in some footages Breznev looked like he could have already been dead, and so could be Castro now :D
No I don't think so that bastard is still alive and well.

Missileer said:
Italian Guy said:
Yeah you're right, it was our hopes speaking :D

Or he could stumble over a cliff.

At least I guess he's been training for that recently...
;) remember?

castro-se-cayo-AP.jpg

Italian Guy said:
Missileer said:
Italian Guy said:
Yeah you're right, it was our hopes speaking :D

Or he could stumble over a cliff.

At least I guess he's been training for that recently...
;) remember?

castro-se-cayo-AP.jpg

"Pick me up quickly you peeg or I'll have you shot."

So many families will be reunited for the first time in years. Cuba has such great potential to become a major player in the world of economics, medicine, and many other fields.

Back