The CIA abroad. - Page 2

--
Boots

November 16th, 2005  
Italian Guy

What they basically do is abduct sensitive individuals and take them to friendly countries where use of torture is allowed and get information from that.
Things that couldn't be done here, they just do elsewhere.
November 16th, 2005  
mmarsh

We all seem to be forgeting the most famous case of all about this Adolf Eichmann. Isreal although morally correct in apprehending Eichmann got in serious international hot water because it kidnapped a person on Argentinian soil.

No matter how morally correct you think you may be if you disrespect the territorial soverniety of another nation there will be a price to pay.

There a whole bunch of people living in the USA in plain sight that the PRC would love to get its hands on. What would the USA say if China starting kidnapping or knocking off its dissidents here in the States.
November 16th, 2005  
Italian Guy

Only difference is CIA kidnaps terrorists, PRC would kidnap people who just want to be free.
Sounds like I want to mess with you huh?
--
Boots
November 16th, 2005  
mmarsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian Guy
Only difference is CIA kidnaps terrorists, PRC would kidnap people who just want to be free.
Sounds like I want to mess with you huh?
I agree with you, but the PRC would not. For them these people ARE the terrorists, the worst type. You see, they actually wont to bring freedom and democracy to China, thereby ending their control on power. You can understand why they might declare these people as terrorists. All the more reason why we wouldn't like it if the PRC decided to take action.

hehehe, thats ok bring it on, I'm a big boy..
November 16th, 2005  
LeEnfield

Now what crosses my mind is the number of Americans that at one time supported the IRA, are we now saying that we can skip the Courts and drag them screaming and kicking back here and that is okay.
November 16th, 2005  
Missileer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeEnfield 2
Now what crosses my mind is the number of Americans that at one time supported the IRA, are we now saying that we can skip the Courts and drag them screaming and kicking back here and that is okay.
Sure, just don't let the CIA catch you in the process.
November 16th, 2005  
mmarsh

Quote:
Thats a good point...
November 16th, 2005  
03USMC

Quote:
Actually if you get get me the address and get the UK to give me a break on the tariffs I'll ship them to you in a conex box.
November 17th, 2005  
bulldogg

And then of course this sets a precedent for any communist country to begin abducting supporters of capitalism. And don't forget those who support rugby can begin abducting supporters of American football... lets just ignore the sanctity of borders and law and due process and go full tilt headlong into anarchy. Short sighted situational ethics at its best.
November 17th, 2005  
Missileer

I guess the rules really did change after 9/11. All the pundits aren't touching this and I feel that it should be shown to the World that nowhere is a safe haven. I guess this negates my armored truck heist plans as Bali will no longer be safe. That blows.

Hey you, yeah the rugby guys. Put that running back down.