Churchill's rage over the loss of Singapore - Page 11

--

December 5th, 2011  
42RM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84RFK
A simple task of digging a ditch will only leave you muddy and frustrated.
No, it's easy, all it requires is a man with a spade. And if you send ten men, each with a spade then it goes ten times faster.
December 5th, 2011  
samneanderthal

I think you can use logs to build a raised strip, but then again I'm just a civil engineer. Caesar built a bridge to cross the Rhine in 10 days with 10,000 soldiers and hand tools, building a 20 m x 300 m strip in 1940 is much simpler, unless you're Churchill of course, then it's easier to make speeches, evacuations and excuses.
December 5th, 2011  
42RM

Is your ass on fire?
All I see is smoke.
--
December 7th, 2011  
BritinAfrica

Quote:
Originally Posted by samneanderthal
I think you can use logs to build a raised strip, but then again I'm just a civil engineer. Caesar built a bridge to cross the Rhine in 10 days with 10,000 soldiers and hand tools, building a 20 m x 300 m strip in 1940 is much simpler, unless you're Churchill of course, then it's easier to make speeches, evacuations and excuses.

For a civil engineer you have no idea about building airstrips. Think about it sensibly for a minute, building an airstrip from logs would be like a corrugated dirt road, the aircraft would shake themselves to pieces on take off or landing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42RM

Is your ass on fire?
All I see is smoke.
Don't confuse him with facts, his mind is made up.