Churchill's German Army.

Church. was a Colonel in the Queens army wasn't he?
Cavelry I think.

They should make it a rule nowadays ; You must have served in national defense to command national defense.

It terrifies me to think of Gordon Brown in charge of troops, but then again Barbara Castle was once Minister of Transport and didnt have a driving licence!

A number of Indian troops went over to the Japanese after they had been captured, but it was not many. There is always some one that thinks they are fighting for the wrong side

Winston Churchill served with the Welsh Fusiliers; his brother Jack served with the cavalry as a Major in the Oxfordshire Hussars Yeomanry, a territorial army unit.
despite its numbers, the Indian National Army, raised by the Japanese, would have a profound impact on the formation of India and Pakistan. anybody interested should read Edward James' book Raj; A History of the British in India. it goes into some length on the formation of the unit, with some detail on the motivations and actions of many of these men.

A number of Indian troops went over to the Japanese after they had been captured, but it was not many. There is always some one that thinks they are fighting for the wrong side

A work mate who was captured in Singapore stated, not one Gurkha went over to the Japanese.

I've got major respect for those men from Nepal.

Last edited:
LOL, no one cares.:avi:

I have been looking at the comment but I am not sure I agree with it, good senior managers (which is really what we are talking about) do not necessarily have to have experience in the field they are managing they just need to have good middle and operational managers and the ability to listen and act on advice.

Back