Is Christmas Politcally Corectness Going Too Far?

--
Boots

December 10th, 2004  
texasrebel211

Topic: Is Christmas Politcally Corectness Going Too Far?

I never hear "Merry Christmas" anymore. My younger brother, he is in 6 grade, came home with a letter for a "winter party". I suppose we have parties for spring, summer, and fall too .

discuss
December 10th, 2004  
Trevor

Definitely!

Here's what I posted in the "Lets put a bit of xmas on here" thread:

Bah! It's the BIRTH of christ! I can't stand how christ isn't ackknowledged anymore, and everyone says "happy holidays" instad of "merry christmas", in case it "offends" someone. Geez! What a joke. People don't shut out buhddist cultures or any other religion. They're actually embraced, but the christian faith is now being shuned. Quite sad.
December 10th, 2004  
Romero

I saw a story about his on the news. Utter madness. This PC nonsense will probably spread to Britain soon.

How long has this been going on in America?
--
Boots
December 10th, 2004  
Sea_Cadet

I go on christmas break, not winter
and I stress to everyone that winter had just barely started before christmas for a reason...
December 10th, 2004  
A Can of Man

I think people should stop being so sensitive.
In fact... I believe there's a huge anti-Christian movement going on in the name of political correctness. You know what? Eventually, something is going to offend something else. That's just the way the world is. What if a group got offended by people wearing black clothes?? Ugh this is stupid.

On political correctness... you know why the Democratic party lost in the 2004 elections? I think the one reason, before all other reasons is that they f***ed with Christianity.
December 10th, 2004  
Missileer

There is a grade school in Cupertino California that would not let a teacher teach students about the Constitution because it has "endowed by our Creator" in it. But on the other side of the coin, the Governor, Arnold Schwartzenegger renamed the State holiday tree to the State Christmas tree. The liberals were strangely quiet.
December 10th, 2004  
egoz

I think the problem is that everyone is so concerned about offending someone else that when something sounds possibly offensive people go insane. This whole "being PC" thing is the perfect example of that. You can't say mailman anymore because there are female postal workers. I'm not trying to be sexist, but you can say mailwoman and i still wouldn't care. The point is, if no one ever mentioned being PC in the first place would anyone be offended?

There are people out there that take things WAY to seriously. The world is a pretty screwed up serious place already, the least you can do is take a breath, relax, and have a good laugh once in a while.

Has anyone heard about the latest commercial being banned in the US? It was a commercial made my Chevrolet for the new Corvette C6, costing them a few million dollars. It was banned because it showed a child (a boy about 10 years old) driving without a license. The story for the commercial is that the Corvette C6 brings out the child in you, and the whole thing is just a dream sequence. But there was a HUGE fit over it because there were parental groups complaining that children would go off driving cars erratically. In that situation I would have to say why did you let your child get the keys to the car, let alone drive it. It's a commercial. It's not a lesson in reinforcing child drivers. Seriously people, lighten up, no one knows how to take a joke anymore or be jovial.
December 10th, 2004  
dougal

The world is gone crazy but we know that already.

Not in any Catholic countries!!

December 11th, 2004  
A Can of Man

Someone needs to amend the constitution so Arnold Schwarzenegger can become president. He's the only person left in the country that isn't nuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missileer
There is a grade school in Cupertino California that would not let a teacher teach students about the Constitution because it has "endowed by our Creator" in it. But on the other side of the coin, the Governor, Arnold Schwartzenegger renamed the State holiday tree to the State Christmas tree. The liberals were strangely quiet.
December 11th, 2004  
pimp_squeak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor
Definitely!

Here's what I posted in the "Lets put a bit of xmas on here" thread:

Bah! It's the BIRTH of christ! I can't stand how christ isn't ackknowledged anymore, and everyone says "happy holidays" instad of "merry christmas", in case it "offends" someone. Geez! What a joke. People don't shut out buhddist cultures or any other religion. They're actually embraced, but the christian faith is now being shuned. Quite sad.
It's actually been proven that Jesus Christ died on December the 25th...he was born on September 11th 3 BC beteen 7:48 and 8:17 PM...if you use astronomical recreation software check it out, and it's backed up by the bible. Even if it wasn't true, Christmas is only celebrated on the 25th of Dencember because the Roman Catholic church thought that it would be more convenient to put christmas on a holiday that the pagans had already established. More proof of what I say, break down the word "christmas" and you get "Christ Mass". Think about it. And I don't really see the problem with calling it the holiday season...it comes from the words "holy day"