Christianity in the Marine Corps

Should Religion Be Removed From The U.S. Military?

• yes (reasons stated below)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no (reasons stated below)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

CO5060.20

Recently, another substantially irritating whiners union is trying to Sue the Marine Corps due to a picture posted of several Marines bowing their heads in prayer. They say that it violates the seperation of Church and State. Christianity in particular is being attacked, yet when they showed the young U.S. Marine who was Arab praying, they said nothing. I'd like to hear your opinions on the matter.

Would it be possible for you to post a link?

Religion in the Marine Corps is not forced nor regulated. It is the personal decision of each Marine to worship or not whatever religion he chooses to practice.

I served with Marines from nearly every Christian demonation, Jewish Marines, Muslim Marines, Marines who practiced Native American faiths. And even a couple who were Satanists (though I found them a bit strange).

The seperation of church and state argument does not fly as a Constitutional Violation. To prohibit prayer at an individual or group level however would be a violation.

Here is a copy of the e-mail I recieved concerning the topic of Religion in the Marine Corps:

What's wrong with this picture?

58ae0.jpg

If you look closely at the picture above, you will note that all the Marines pictured are bowing their heads. That's because they're praying.

This incident took place at a recent ceremony honoring the birthday of the corps, and it has the ACLU up in arms. "These are federal employees," says Lucius Traveler, a spokesman for the ACLU, "on federal property and on federal time. For them to pray is clearly an establishment of religion, and we must nip this in the bud immediately."

When asked about the ACLU's charges, Colonel Jack Fessender, speaking for the Commandant of the Corps said (cleaned up a bit), "Screw the ACLU." GOD Bless Our Warriors, Send the ACLU to France.

Please send this to people you know so everyone will know how stupid the ACLU is Getting in trying to remove GOD from everything and every place in America. May God Bless America, One Nation Under GOD!

What's wrong with the picture? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

GOD BLESS YOU FOR
PASSING IT ON!

Here is the picture that the Union is complaining about:
http://www.bataviavfw.org/images/PrayingMarines.jpg

Somehow I do not believe this. For one I do not believe that a Colonel in the United States Marine Corps speaking on behalf of the Commandant of the Marine Corps would say "Screw the ACLU" and "Send the ACLU to France" to the press.

Further had the Colonel said this it would be all over the news. This story has no merit.

It is on the ACLU website. Go to google.com and type in ACLU then go to the national ACLU website. It has it all there. The stories merit can be seen only if we choose to trust those ACLU whiners. You will have to search for it on their webpage, but it is there, that is where I found the picture.

No one can guarantee the saftey of these guys. Guaranteeing their way to find peace within themselves is the least anyone can do.
Even professional theists of the Soviet Army started praying in Afghanistan (or so I've heard).

US military victories depend on their faith in God and the Bible.
Lose your faith and you'll lose the war... ;)

A person must have faith in some fundamental truths of God before he can live happily in his daily life.. A soldier must have even more of this faith and stronger in it as he's a fighter for his country and his people.

Then he'll be a great warrior both for country and for his own faith. :rambo:

CO5060.20 said:
Recently, another substantially irritating whiners union is trying to Sue the Marine Corps due to a picture posted of several Marines bowing their heads in prayer. They say that it violates the seperation of Church and State. Christianity in particular is being attacked, yet when they showed the young U.S. Marine who was Arab praying, they said nothing. I'd like to hear your opinions on the matter.

This is once again the same like that famous great idea to ban chirstmass from the schools because removed and other religions don't gelebrate it. Instead of banned christmass ramadan and all other than christian religious are allowed anyway. The next step is to force christians to gelebrate ramadan in the name of tolerance and multiculture.

crap

How can some one take some thing this big away from the human kind. Religion is a faith and a faith helps people through hard times. Whats the US military want people to be? pessimist/agnostic/atheist...........will this make people feel better? America say they want to be this open country etc blabbing on but they sound quick enough to take people's happiness and beliefs away.

Leave people be, let them pray let thempractise religion, what harm will this do? Nothing, just because one person is bi-est/racist don't let others change whats been written for 100's of years

Now now, we cannot characterize the U.S. so broadly as being this monstrous hypocrit. There are many parties and groups within the United States, so to be fair, certainly not everyone feels that way. The ACLU for example is in my opinon, a group of whiners, full of discontent. There are groups however that counter those ACLU psycos. Thats the greatest part about living in a demorcatic-republic like the United States, is that we can have our own views. While I have a severe hate for the ACLU and groups like them (most democrats irritate me too), I respect their opinions.
I do agree however that it is uncomprehensible that a nation being portrayed as a nation of freedoms still harbors and protects those who feel otherwise. Christianity in my opinion, or any religion for tha tmatter, is part of the human ethos and cannot be taken away, nor forgotten no matter how many laws or regulations are put out to hinder its ability to spread.

" I do agree however that it is uncomprehensible that a nation being portrayed as a nation of freedoms still harbors and protects those who feel otherwise."

Because freedom of speach means also the freedom of those who say the things you _don't_ want to hear. Take away that, and the freedom is meaningless. Who would draw the line if you did? Eventually nobody would be able to say anything not approved by the state and that's not something we're willing to trade just to keep some peaceniks from having their say.

Charge_7 said:
" I do agree however that it is uncomprehensible that a nation being portrayed as a nation of freedoms still harbors and protects those who feel otherwise."

Because freedom of speach means also the freedom of those who say the things you _don't_ want to hear. Take away that, and the freedom is meaningless. Who would draw the line if you did? Eventually nobody would be able to say anything not approved by the state and that's not something we're willing to trade just to keep some peaceniks from having their say.

well said! it's also the need to defend your point of view

Absolutely! Thanks for filling in the blanks there Charge_7. I am certainly glad to hear that there is such harsh opposition to the ACLU and other groups trying to limit our military men and women's freedoms. I am confident that such ignorance will be overcome, because as easily as they raged their "war" on religion in the United States for Government employees, soldiers, Marines, Sailors, airmen, etc., just as easily will those opposing them wage it back. :rambo:

Back