Christianity in the Marine Corps - Page 2

View Poll Results :Should Religion Be Removed From The U.S. Military?
yes (reasons stated below) 2 12.50%
no (reasons stated below) 14 87.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

--

January 27th, 2005  
Anya1982

Topic: crap

How can some one take some thing this big away from the human kind. Religion is a faith and a faith helps people through hard times. Whats the US military want people to be? pessimist/agnostic/atheist...........will this make people feel better? America say they want to be this open country etc blabbing on but they sound quick enough to take people's happiness and beliefs away.

Leave people be, let them pray let thempractise religion, what harm will this do? Nothing, just because one person is bi-est/racist don't let others change whats been written for 100's of years
January 30th, 2005  
CO5060.20

Now now, we cannot characterize the U.S. so broadly as being this monstrous hypocrit. There are many parties and groups within the United States, so to be fair, certainly not everyone feels that way. The ACLU for example is in my opinon, a group of whiners, full of discontent. There are groups however that counter those ACLU psycos. Thats the greatest part about living in a demorcatic-republic like the United States, is that we can have our own views. While I have a severe hate for the ACLU and groups like them (most democrats irritate me too), I respect their opinions.
I do agree however that it is uncomprehensible that a nation being portrayed as a nation of freedoms still harbors and protects those who feel otherwise. Christianity in my opinion, or any religion for tha tmatter, is part of the human ethos and cannot be taken away, nor forgotten no matter how many laws or regulations are put out to hinder its ability to spread.
January 30th, 2005  
Charge 7

" I do agree however that it is uncomprehensible that a nation being portrayed as a nation of freedoms still harbors and protects those who feel otherwise."

Because freedom of speach means also the freedom of those who say the things you _don't_ want to hear. Take away that, and the freedom is meaningless. Who would draw the line if you did? Eventually nobody would be able to say anything not approved by the state and that's not something we're willing to trade just to keep some peaceniks from having their say.
--
January 30th, 2005  
chewie_nz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charge_7
" I do agree however that it is uncomprehensible that a nation being portrayed as a nation of freedoms still harbors and protects those who feel otherwise."

Because freedom of speach means also the freedom of those who say the things you _don't_ want to hear. Take away that, and the freedom is meaningless. Who would draw the line if you did? Eventually nobody would be able to say anything not approved by the state and that's not something we're willing to trade just to keep some peaceniks from having their say.
well said! it's also the need to defend your point of view
January 31st, 2005  
CO5060.20

Absolutely! Thanks for filling in the blanks there Charge_7. I am certainly glad to hear that there is such harsh opposition to the ACLU and other groups trying to limit our military men and women's freedoms. I am confident that such ignorance will be overcome, because as easily as they raged their "war" on religion in the United States for Government employees, soldiers, Marines, Sailors, airmen, etc., just as easily will those opposing them wage it back.