Chirstmas

tetvet

Banned
Should Christmas be taken off the Calendar , Jewish and Muslim Groups seem to think so , I'm a Christmas and I think the event has become so commercialized to the Point it no longer has a meaning , most kids and adults don't have a clue why its a holiday and its a one day Holiday not two weeks , it is a day of deep meaning .:peace:

Lets not forget us atheists who think all religious holidays are ludicrous.

Personally I think the answer is for governments to legislate say 5 paid vacation days to be taken in support of whatever religion/cause you support that way you can celebrate whatever you like whenever you like.

Why must we always be so alike?
If you don´t want to celebrate Christmas, don´t.
I´m not religious, but for me Christmas is a tradition and I will retain it that way.

Yes Christmas is a tradition a day to feel good not a time of stress shopping here shopping there etcetera , etcetera , one of my best Christmases was in Vietnam , no presents no Christmas dinner , just a good feeling with good people , there was suppose to be a 24 hour Christmas truce that lasted about 24 minutes .

1st I celebrate it in honor of Jesus's birthday. I also like the joy the children have with Santa Claus and all the presents. Also I do admit I enjoy the Christmas goodies. Although my waistline doesn't.

Yes Christmas is a tradition a day to feel good not a time of stress shopping here shopping there etcetera , etcetera , one of my best Christmases was in Vietnam , no presents no Christmas dinner , just a good feeling with good people , there was suppose to be a 24 hour Christmas truce that lasted about 24 minutes .

BTW Tet sorry to hear about the bad X-mass in Nam bummer. Sounds like NVA didn't have the Christmas spirit.

Well JOC, you have eleven months afterwards to get rid of your
waistline :wink:

For me, Christmas is about closeness with my family.

00000018.jpg

Christmas in Patrol Base line, Afghanistan 2011.

One Christmas I spent in Iraq camped in a hell hole of a town. At some point during the night, someone started singing "o come all ye faithful" and soon the whole company was singing. Until some Sergeant Major started hollering about"operation discipline".

It was a good Christmas in mood my comrades and myself talked about things that matter , we talked about what we believed in and why , normally the Army provided a great Christmas dinner but there none for us don't remember why but we had plenty of good things to eat from care packages from home everybody shared , there was tension though , there was something out there something bad , what ? a little over a month later , tet .

One Christmas I spent in Iraq camped in a hell hole of a town. At some point during the night, someone started singing "o come all ye faithful" and soon the whole company was singing. Until some Sergeant Major started hollering about"operation discipline".

Sargent Major sounds like a miserable buggger, to go and ruin some joy in a place like that.

i heard christmas is a catholic not a christian holiday anyway...but it shouldn't be. it's a traditional american holiday and it's very festive. id be sad without...the malls just wouldn't look the same.

lol. Left hand photograph, the bloke in the middle without the party hat.:oops:

Oh, the most handsome one there in the middle. You look like one of the Beatles (Paul)
m0800.gif
Macca-paul-mccartney-10675809-511-576.jpg

What happened... did y'all run out of party hats? :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Back