Chinese T-98 MBT vs American M1A1

In your above 2 posts, you made a lot mistakes but I don't have enough time to point them out, and I am sure you like to believe in what you "think" while simply ignoring facts, T-98 is a Chinese designed MBT, it may has some influence from other tanks, but then what's the point? When you have mastered the technology then it is yours. Don't tell me I don't know how much American military tech is based on old Nazi Germany :D

When discussion off tracks to flaming like bs, then it has not much sense more to "discuss". BTW, PLA knows "how" strong US military really is since Korea War, so don't tell me how advanced US weapons really are, Iraqi peasant shoot down Apache with a single AK47 bullet :D

And in the case T-98 vs M1A1, you can NOT convince me at all that M1A1 is better than T-98 in technical sense.

The Truth is there, you may just not "want" to face it, btw, who cares :lol:

Lol nice :) If China designed that tank from scratch then i'm impressed but there is no chance in hell id ride in it. I'm confused how America would use Nazi tech. The only thing we use from nazi's is the blitzkrieg which we use pretty damn well. Id also like to point out that war has changed allot in the past 55 years. I'm not disrespecting you but i like how you come back with insults to me. I post things and the topic seems to end so keep it going. :) Prove me how i'm wrong and why the Chinese tech is better then America's. And to your question even Iraqis get lucky sometimes. Nobody knows how much power our military has but the military itself. Not even our own President knows everything that goes on.

Big_Z said:
Lol nice :) If China designed that tank from scratch then i'm impressed but there is no chance in hell id ride in it. I'm confused how America would use Nazi tech. The only thing we use from nazi's is the blitzkrieg which we use pretty damn well. Id also like to point out that war has changed allot in the past 55 years. I'm not disrespecting you but i like how you come back with insults to me. I post things and the topic seems to end so keep it going. :) Prove me how i'm wrong and why the Chinese tech is better then America's. And to your question even Iraqis get lucky sometimes. Nobody knows how much power our military has but the military itself. Not even our own President knows everything that goes on.

lol

T-98 is designed and produced by PLA itself from scratch, no single foreign workers are working in Chinese tanks factory :D

Just the Nazi rocket tech is enough for USA :D
How many nazi scientists were caught to US? :D

Oh dear, have I ever said Chinese military tech is better than Americans? Give yourself a bit confidence, USA is still on TOP in almost all fields :D But this will NOT last forever, others are coming too.

Oh yes, American tech, do you know how many Chinese scientists are in charge of the ALL TOPPEST American military/space institutes? Amazings a lot, well they are also Americans :D

Believe me nothing could break my confidence. Yea we took the scientist what country wouldn't? America isn't the "white man" its everybody combined thats what makes us so powerful. All other countries are this or that but America is a bit of everyone thats where we gain our might. We thurst for knowledge and we welcome all the smartest people to join us. We refuse to be second place and we are willing to spend any amount of money to make sure we aren't.

Big_Z said:
Believe me nothing could break my confidence. Yea we took the scientist what country wouldn't? America isn't the "white man" its everybody combined thats what makes us so powerful. All other countries are this or that but America is a bit of everyone thats where we gain our might. We thurst for knowledge and we welcome all the smartest people to join us. We refuse to be second place and we are willing to spend any amount of money to make sure we aren't.

Yeah, that's also why I respect USA a lot :D

Sure I hope the best for USA, but I also hope the best for other countries :D

i just replaying to Sam's post

(There are few MBT vs MBT combat examples of the capability of Russian KE rounds against western tanks (this shapes my decision favoring western armor protection ability), as there are western KE rounds performance against Russian armor (Abrams and Challenger vs T-72 in Gulf War).

I don't think that's a fair comparison since Iraqi T-72s had clone BM-15s at best. That's sabot from the early 70's. Abrams had 20 years newer ammunition.

(If you have a platoon of M1A2s moving to contact with a platoon of T-90s, with well trained Russian crews. The M1A2s have a great advantage with their highly superior optics, gun, ammo, communications, armor.)

Superior optics? I guess he means thermal imagers or.....? AFAIK the new french thermal on T-90 is actually better than the one on M1A2. Better gun? That's arguable, I think boils down more to the ammunition where it does have an advantage. Communications? I doubt latest Russian radios are far behind western ones, does anybody here have more information on latest Russian tank radios.

(The problam which kills the T-90s is the poor quality of the gun(Russian manufacturing is inifior to the US) that means less propelent and thus a lower velocity)

Do you have any proof to back that up? I seriously doubt that..

(Ok well now we can say the M1 will win hands dow? No. you can't it depends on the crew and the battle conditions(though the M1 can function any where)

And T-90 cannot? Why not?

(Plus, the missile defense systems give the T-90 maybe an advantage against modern ATGMs, but the Marine M1A1 has one too, so it's probably not much time before the M1A2 gets one)

The marine ATGM defence system is light-years behind Sthora, which really isn't the latest technology either...

From those specifications Frogy said, M1 is better, except for the gun 5mm +.................... But Abrams is better! :D

BmrSooner451 said:
Dont forget that the M1A2 supposadly has DU in/for it's armor, or even cereamic armor, chumbum i think it's called but i do not remember

You mean the "Chobham".

Ceramic armor is good. But I know little about composite armour.

T-98 uses multi-layered ceramic composite armor.

Big_Z said:
"The latter two MBTs also are fitted with a JD-3 integrated laser rangefinder/warning/self-defense device – also called a "dazzler" – which uses a high-powered laser to directly attack the enemy weapon's optics and gunner" is that a joke?

But honestly, I do think this is not a joke. I checked some sources again, like this:

The Type 98 features an JD-3 integrated laser rangefinder/warning/self-defence device. Unlike contemporary Russian active tank self-defense systems like Drozd, Drozd-2, and Arena, which launch projectiles to disable or "shoot-down" incoming anti-tank missiles and projectiles, the Chinese system apparently uses a high-powered laser to directly attack the enemy weapon's optics and gunner.

The system includes what appears to be a laser warning receiver (LWR - the dome-shaped device on the turret roof behind the commander's position), that warns the crew that their tank is being illuminated by an enemy range-finding or weapon-guidance laser. The turret of the tank can then be traversed to face the direction of the enemy threat, and the laser self-defence weapon (LSDW - the box-shaped device on the turret roof behind the gunner's position), can be employed against the source of the enemy laser.

The procedure of the laser weapon would first use a low-powered beam to locate the optics of the enemy weapon. Once the enemy weapon was located, the power level of the laser would be immediately and dramatically increased. Such an attack would disable the guidance optics of the enemy weapon and/or damage the eyesight of the enemy gunner.

The available photos of the Type 98 have also confirmed that the laser weapon can be elevated to a higher angle than the tank's main gun, indicating that the engagement of attack helicopters is possible. In addition, the laser device could also be used for communications between friend tanks.

"Ok well now we can say the M1 will win hands dow? No. you can't it depends on the crew and the battle conditions (though the M1 can function any where)"

That is a big NO! ;)

You can also use laser to "defeat" optics, although it doesn't actually defeat it, it dazzle it(hence the name), thats right it confuses it ;)

And yes the American defence industry uses manufactures all over the world, for example the F/A 18 Super Hornet gets parts from Volvo.

yeah but the problem with Chines army is that, most of chines tanks are very old and some of them are just bad copies of old soviet tanks...

I must agree with AlexKall

(though the M1 can function any where)" That is a big NO!

Article:

1998 Bosnia
"It’s the best main battle tank in the world---if you can get it there"

The Armor (Tank) Battalion commander in the 1st Infantry Division, wryly remarked as he stood watching his fleet of 70-ton M1 heavy tanks sitting parked unable to patrol in his area of operations because they are too heavy for the primitive road nets.

Link:

http://www.geocities.com/equipmentshop/heavytankshelicopters.htm

Cheers:
Doc.S

:viking:

Snauhi said:
yeah but the problem with Chines army is that, most of chines tanks are very old and some of them are just bad copies of old soviet tanks...

Big sigh :D

I have supplied so many sources and specifications of Chinese T-98, yet you still say those "copy" things, I think now you can start to forget a bit of Russia, time has changed, and Chinese home designed T-98 is better than Russian tanks now :D (a bit bragging you may think, but heihei, we do think so :D)

Give us a bit of your best tanks in service, and their specs, though I am not expert in Tanks :D

FlyingFrog said:
Snauhi said:

Big sigh :D

I have supplied so many sources and specifications of Chinese T-98, yet you still say those "copy" things, I think now you can start to forget a bit of Russia, time has changed, and Chinese home designed T-98 is better than Russian tanks now :D (a bit bragging you may think, but heihei, we do think so :D)

Give us a bit of your best tanks in service, and their specs, though I am not expert in Tanks :D

acctuly T-98 is a copy of a T-72..

FlyingFrog said:
acctuly T-98 is a copy of a T-72..

OMG, I admire your russian way of pride :D

A Porche is copy of Ford, cuz Ford had 4 wheels and sitplaces and so do Proche :D

Anyway, never mind :D

Correct..... :lol:
So what if it's a copy?! Russia was copying and don't mention steling projects from USA, and we are not talking about few projects......... :?
First the A-bomb!
Than many other things, like planes! Than some things in what USSR invested a pretty big amount of money, and then to find out that C.I.A. let them have some rubish and junk, that first worked properly, than after some time it broke down!(There's a good book of that which was written by someone in the MD from 80s) Big amount of Russias money went in to it, when it had even, in some cases catastrophic consenquences..........
Berkut is evaluated X-29!
etc.... AND I MEAN BIG ETC......... :D

lets not wander off the topic too much guys...remember its tanks and copies of tanks... :D

sounds like a good topic to start..what armaments are copies and whos bootlegging them... :lol:

Doc.S said:
I must agree with AlexKall

(though the M1 can function any where)" That is a big NO!

Article:

1998 Bosnia
"It’s the best main battle tank in the world---if you can get it there"

The Armor (Tank) Battalion commander in the 1st Infantry Division, wryly remarked as he stood watching his fleet of 70-ton M1 heavy tanks sitting parked unable to patrol in his area of operations because they are too heavy for the primitive road nets.

Link:

http://www.geocities.com/equipmentshop/heavytankshelicopters.htm

Cheers:
Doc.S

:viking:

The turbine engine also got problems with low tempretures.

And it also run under very high tempretures which is a rather big problem. The old "sherman manuver" is not possible on the M1A2 with the turbine engine, there ware plans of making a M1A3 with disel engine, might have been scrapped, havent heared anything else of it. Not that this has anything to do with breakdowns though, but its a flaw that the turbine engine has.

Uncle_Sam said:
Yep! But I think it's pretty obvious who's makeing the originals, and who's copiing...... :D

OK, China copied a lot, everyone is doing copycat job don't they? :D

And no big deal, let me make 2 famous military quotes here too:

Copy is one day to let others to copy you :D

The fact is that everybody/every nation is copying others everyday, you may just have not yet realized that fact :D

Back