Chinese T-98 MBT vs American M1A1 - Page 2

--

July 3rd, 2004  
Uncle_Sam

M1A1 rules the ground and will rule it for.... 20 years or so... But with new laser & electric defences, I say M1A1 will do more.....
No way that T-98 is better, it's like with Russian T-95.
July 3rd, 2004  
Uncle_Sam

Another thing. Russians were also proud on their T-72 & later versions, but after the Iraq, they are now thinking hard what to do next, the latest T versions were totally anihilated by US GD "Abrams"............ What's else there to say..............
The only tank that could do har to Arams is Leclerc.
One thing more: How old is Abrams and how old are other tanks his generation?
July 3rd, 2004  
Snauhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle_Sam
M1A1 rules the ground and will rule it for.... 20 years or so... But with new laser & electric defences, I say M1A1 will do more.....
No way that T-98 is better, it's like with Russian T-95.
are you sure about that? M1 like i said never meat any tanks expect exported t55's and t72's and meyby as you know that exported tanks are much more weaker in almost every aspect then the regulars.
--
July 3rd, 2004  
Uncle_Sam

That's logical! But even Russian made are............ Anyway I'm positively sure.
July 3rd, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Just crossed a Chinese T-99 picture:

And this is T-2000.

July 3rd, 2004  
Snauhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle_Sam
That's logical! But even Russian made are............ Anyway I'm positively sure.
no they arent, russians new tank T80UM3 "black eagle" is probably a good tank. and stop comparing T-72 with M1 comprare T-90 with M1.

But hey u cant just say that the m1 is the best tank.

I bet you dont see that in news...
July 3rd, 2004  
FlyingFrog

And those M1's were destroyed not by heavy anti-tank gunpower but something used by Iraqi miltants.

If faced with some real Anti-tank missiles, that damage will be more deadly.

But of course, this is true for all tanks.

July 3rd, 2004  
Marksman

.......i feel sorry for this guys..................
July 3rd, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman
.......i feel sorry for this guys..................
Sure for that.

By looking at those destroyed M1's, I am thinking that in real battles all the hype of how good a tank is on paper is gone. In reality a AK47 can shoot down a Apache.

Really hope there should be no more war, even if there is war, man should never overestimate himself nor underestimate the enemy.
July 3rd, 2004  
Uncle_Sam

Well T-72 was russian pride. We can compare it with T-90, or 95, but still Abrams's better. Of course there must be a destroyed tank in the war, that's normal............