Chinese President Heckled - Page 4

--
Boots

April 21st, 2006  
bulldogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by yingying
Why not talk about there in only 13 colonies at first only by the west side of Atlantic?And now ,it become so large a country?
Why not talk about the old Injuns ?Where is democracy?
Why not talk about why the address named <I have a dream >are so popular?Where is democracy?
Why not refer to the turmmoil happened in LA in 1990 or 1992 or 1991?
Why not refer to the Mexicians protesting in North America in the recent days ?
Do you know that by thge date of 2030 the Anglo-Saxon people in usa will only take 60% of the whole population of usa.
IN fact ,in my own opinion,usa are experiencing a big change.
Manifest Destiny.

I am part native american.

We're a republic not a democracy.

Minorities are in undeniably better shape now than prior to the civil rights movement.

Turmoil is the nature of my country.

Illegals protesting. What did you miss the multiple threads on here about it?

60%, nah, less than that mate.

Change is good Garth.
April 21st, 2006  
mmarsh

Whats embarassing to me is not that Hu was heckled, but that Bush actually apologized for it. Did our president forget about the 1st Amendment again? Washington DC is not part of the PRC.

I mean, did anyone apologize to Bush when he was heckled in Europe or Asia or South America? I dont think so.
April 21st, 2006  
ASTRALdragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by achinese
wrong quote bull, check out yourself
Lol so I was just checking out profiles and I just realized you're a girl?!! And if the profile is correct, a 20-year old girl?!! Ok my debate skills just went out the window. I have an ultra-soft spot for Chinese girls. My last girlfriend was Chinese. What can I say, they're freakin pretty!

Ok sorry off-topic, back on task now!
--
Boots
April 21st, 2006  
Italian Guy

What follows are the main features of democracy:

1)Free, fair and respected elections with more than one part running, possibly as many parties as possible. Each party is allowed to freely voice its opinions and have it printed, spread and reached as many people as possible. Whoever gets more votes is entitled to govern. One party system is NOT democratic. Citizens give legitimacy to the government, not the other way around.

2)Every opinion is guaranteed unless it infringes the right to democracy and freedom by others. Noone is jailed or fined for saying something.

3)Every minority (be it cultural, ethnic, religious, political, or any other type) is respected and not punished.

4)Human rights are observed. Universally.

5)Freedom of speech. You can write and read whatever you want on papers or say that on tv. You can criticize your own government saying your president is a dumbass and not be jailed for that.

6)Freedom of religion. Total, complete.

7)You can freely and easily travel from any part of your country to any other part of your country (excepted entering military facilities or private properties) without the need to ask for any permit or anything. You can as easily and freely decide to travel abroad, move abroad, come back and leave again with no restrictions.

8]No one can seize your properties. It's yours and you can't be deprived of it.

9]You have the right to a fair and just trial in court. You are considered innocent until proved guilty.

I would now like to know which one of the above mentioned aspects are to be met in China by ordinary Chinese everyday and in every part of the country. Thank you.
April 21st, 2006  
yingying

Since it is hard to change others, so let it be.
April 21st, 2006  
achinese

it(a)ching guy, this thread is not about your american propaganda, don't you take the hint
April 21st, 2006  
Italian Guy

I'm still awaiting a detailed answer.
April 21st, 2006  
achinese

well, you can ask your american daddy to develop a brainwashed version for you, won't it be easy for you, now go, paly with yourself when adults were buisy talking
April 21st, 2006  
bulldogg

Ying, dont give up despite what you may think I do respect the fact you have shown yourself to have a brain and intelligent. Hence the reason I have not put you on my ignore list. Don't confuse disagreeing with disrespect.
April 21st, 2006  
Italian Guy

Gee answers to my 9 points are taking so looong to come. I'm still waiting.