Chinese PLA Army Drilling Pictures

Or the twin fins!
Wonder what happened during construction!
Also the tail fins and exhaust have F-16 written all over it :p

hey, AsianAmerican, there is hot discussion about Chinese military topic in the "Military Hardware, Military Gear and Technology" board, we will be pleased if you can join and contribute some comments

Thank god, I thought I was the only one who thought those pictures seemed odd. But those things happen during production, what you want to build and what you end up with based on resources, money, etc. can often be quite different.

lol yeah I know but THAT different? They were going for an F-22 thing for the tail fin but ran out of money and went for the more cheaper F-16 tailfin ;)

the_13th_redneck said:
lol yeah I know but THAT different? They were going for an F-22 thing for the tail fin but ran out of money and went for the more cheaper F-16 tailfin ;)

they all look like big metal bird, :lol: :lol: :lol:

so no difference! :evil:

Hope nobody put these yet...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v410/Number1azn365/zhoushanbase.jpg
Img221329725.jpg

Img221329761.jpg

Oh my god, you all are not seriously discussing the pictures right?

J-10 in production now is Single-Engined.

J-10B in design is Twin-Engined.

J-10 also has twin-seats version now flying.

AsianAmerican: good pictures you got :D

Hey we dont know much if anything about the J-10, i know i didnt know that the J-10 has 2 versions! aint that going to be a bit confusing when refferring to the J-10 having a twin and single engined versions.

Yeah J-10 has different versions.

J-7 is one generation.
J-8 is another generation higher.
J-9 (cancelled)
J-10 is the highest generation of Chinese fighter jet equivalent to Su-27 and F-16's.

On top of basic J-10 version, the PLA develops/improves different other version, J-10 army version, J-10 navy version, single-engined, single seat, twin-engined, twin-seats, etc.

J-11 is the home made Su-27 series.

J-12 is the version to match JSF, F/A-22.

J-13, J-14 are all under concept design.

Since Chinese normally keeps their progress in secret, when you hear or see the jets flying then it is already under development for at least 10 years, like J-10.

That picture is just an illustration of the J-10 twin-engine model.
Edited: Oh I see, u refer to the middle picture, yes that is the J-12 (J-10A).

Info of J-12 is not officially published, therefore some ones call it J-10A too.

These 2 pictures are "claimed" to be the J-12 twin engine versions:

J12_twin_engine.jpg

1_J-12_twinengine.jpg

Yeah you know...Intresting thing....The Lavi also was supposed to have a twin engine version..Im sure its nothing.... :D ;)

What happened to the XXJ?
It was supposed to be the F-22 equivalent.
Is it that green one in FF's post?

WE NEED MORE INFORMATION FROM YOU about the debate "how much tech advantage will US have comparing Russia or China" , please go to " Military Hardware, Military Gear and Technology" and show your opinion.

whosewar, please use the Privat massages for things like this. I told you Im sick of cleaning up after you.

all right: private message: please go there!

kidding.

I will try to use that later. thanks

rOk said:
What happened to the XXJ?
It was supposed to be the F-22 equivalent.
Is it that green one in FF's post?

XXJ or JXX means nothing than J-12, J-13, J-14.
The xx mean a number 12/13/14/15.

They are now all concepts or in initial design/development phase, long way to go.

Back