Chinese PLA Army Drilling Pictures

cbbr08 said:
found this pic searcing for Asian artillery.. Does anybody know what it is?http://art2d2.clubsnap.org/gallery/aa2004/artillery?full=1

I am almost certain that it is not Chinese. See the 155mm on the side of the turret? The United States and EU use 155mm bullets, but OPFOR countries like Russia and China use 152mm. The SPH stands for self propelled howitzer. I think it's German because the APC in the background looks like the Boxer APC.

It is owned by Indonesia, btw.

EDIT: (jumped to conclusions)

NICE GUNS

U28P27T1D238127F3DT20041028101145.jpg

WHAT MASK ARE THE FIRST 3 GUYS WEARING..... ?

AsianAmerican said:
NICE GUNS

U28P27T1D238127F3DT20041028101145.jpg

WHAT MASK ARE THE FIRST 3 GUYS WEARING..... ?

the guy on the right is sleeping while marching.... :lol: and yeah, I want to see those mask down so I can see how they look

AsianAmerican said:
NICE GUNS
Not bad. The longer barrel will improve velocity, but I can’t help but think of how inadequate these bullpups are as sniper rifles. Firstly, a sniper rifle needs to be chambered in something a little more potent than a 5.8x42mm. The 7.62x54 that is used in the Dragunov is a much better choice. Secondly, autoloaders aren’t very accurate unless the barrel is free-floated and screwed into the receiver. Thirdly, most Chinese rifles don’t have a lot of workmanship put into the barrel. They are made out of poor quality metal and they are cast; this results in unevenness that affects the bullets stabilization as it travels down the barrel. It is widely held that Sweden makes the best barrels (which is why Bofors is so popular). I can attest to that because I have an old milsurp Swedish m/96 Mauser and it can shoot quarter sized groups from 100 yards on a benchrest. Not bad for a rifle made before WW2...

SHERMAN said:
That is disturbing.
No it's not, I am sure we sold them the plans. Thanks to great Presidents like Bubba Clinton :roll: . Wait to you see the Chinese copy of the Blackhawk helicopter; you will get a kick out of that too.

ravensword227 said:
SHERMAN said:
That is disturbing.
No it's not, I am sure we sold them the plans. Thanks to great Presidents like Bubba Clinton :roll: . Wait to you see the Chinese copy of the Blackhawk helicopter; you will get a kick out of that too.

Oh Ravenword you asked a question here the Answer:
The PLA soldiers do swear, but not too much words, mainly these 3:
Serve the Nation,
Serve the People,
Serve the Party (CCP)..

Also, I just read in Chinese forum today about the BlackHawk thing, China has got the technology to make all the repair parts of the blackhawks. USA did sell a dozen BH to China some 20 years ago.

FlyingFrog said:
Oh Ravenword you asked a question here the Answer:
The PLA soldiers do swear, but not too much words, mainly these 3:
Serve the Nation,
Serve the People,
Serve the Party (CCP)..

Serve the People before the CCP? I think you are wearing some rose colored glasses. Sounds good to the ears though...

FlyingFrog said:
Training pix (this troops plays as Enemy troop "Blue Army" during Drill):
http://img37.exs.cx/img37/628/pla_land_120a.gif
http://img31.exs.cx/img31/6835/pla_land_121a.gif

Your county uses Type 59 II tanks to simulate vastly superior BLUEFOR armor? I don't believe this. :lol:

I have a question for FlyingFrog. Does CCTV7 broadcast nothing but information on military? If so, can I watch it online via stream play?

Sure, China didn't copy the Hummer and Range Rover didn't copy the Jeep.

ravensword227 said:
I have a question for FlyingFrog. Does CCTV7 broadcast nothing but information on military? If so, can I watch it online via stream play?

It is called propaganda buddy.

Damien435 said:
Propaganda with lots of large caliber weapons and MMs - hawt stuff :) . Seriously, it has got to be interesting to see how BLUEFOR works. Oh wait, I just remembered that PLA officers use Counter Strike to train with. Damn, I'm starting to feel sorry for them now... :cry:

ravensword227 said:
Damien435 said:
Propaganda with lots of large caliber weapons and MMs - hawt stuff :) . Seriously, it has got to be interesting to see how BLUEFOR works. Oh wait, I just remembered that PLA officers use Counter Strike to train with. Damn, I'm starting to feel sorry for them now... :cry:

It is like a 24 hour May Day Parade Channel.

ravensword227 said:

CCTV-7 is mainly a Military channel with a lot of PLA reports, not sure it can be called a Propanganda sender :D
You can only watch CCTV-4 online.
There is also a CCTV-1 online which is english version.
http://www.cctv.com/default.shtml

About the "Blue Army" playing as "enemy" and equiped with old stuff, I don't think it is an good idea to let them have better stuff sothat they can win :lol:

FlyingFrog said:
About the "Blue Army" playing as "enemy" and equiped with old stuff, I don't think it is an good idea to let them have better stuff sothat they can win :lol:

I don't think it is a good idea going into battle unprepared, which means when you use wargames you gie the enemy the type of equipment they will be using, not your old junk that should have been thrown out years ago and then marveling in your glorious victory.

Back