Chinese PLA Army Drilling Pictures

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v403/intruder13/Firearms/QBZ-95_big.jpg

I am interested in the working parts in the QBZ-95 or Type 95 Chicom assault rifle, but even after searching for some time, I was unable to find a detailed diagram of a fully stripped rifle.

Here is the best I could find:
QBZ-97_original.jpg

Since I am a gun enthusiast, I had fun trying to label these parts; but I don’t know much about bullpups so don’t laugh too hard if I screwed it up badly:
QBZ-97_takedown.jpg

That's not too many parts actually, that's very simple compared to some of the guns I've seen.

I too am very interested in the QBZ Type 95 but I have been unable to find too much info on this gun. So far Sinodefence has the most information on it.

Kinection said:
That's not too many parts actually, that's very simple compared to some of the guns I've seen.

I too am very interested in the QBZ Type 95 but I have been unable to find too much info on this gun. So far Sinodefence has the most information on it.

compare the AK series with that.. And i belive that this gun is like FAMAS and i bet its will get easily jammed..

The biggest problem with the Chinese PLA is that they have no real war experience in the recent years... their generals do not have that practical knowledge of command in a modern war scenario.

AsianAmerican, cool pix, thanks mate.

QBZ-95
QBZ-95 (QBZ-97 in parenthesises, where differs from QBZ-95)
Please note - these data are still not 100% proved and should be threated as 'estimates'
Caliber: 5.8x42 mm (5.56x45 mm NATO)
Action: Gas operated, rotating bolt
Overall length: 760 mm
Barrel length: 520 mm
Weigth: 3.4 kg unloaded
Magazine capacity: 30 rds

The QBZ-95 assault rifles were shown for the first time when PR China took over the Hong Kong in 1997. The PLA soldiers were armed with this bullpup assault rifle. It is chambered for new proprietary Chinese cartridge, 5.8x42mm, and QBZ-97 (export version) is chambered for standard 5.56mm NATO (.223 Rem). The QBZ acronym stands for 'Qing Buqiang Zu' or light rifle family.

Not much is known about this rifle. It is available in full-size or short (carbine) version, and may be equipped with telescopic or night sights, underbarrel grenade launcher and bayonet. The ejection port is located at the right side of the receiver so (probably) this rifle is not ambidextrous. The body (stock) of the rifle is made from polymer, as well as magazines.

type95_rifle58_1.jpg

type95_rifle58_3.jpg

type95_rifle58_2.jpg

type95_rifle58_4.jpg

QBZ95=Type95

s_qbz-95_2.jpg

_type95_03.jpg

_type95_01.jpg

_type95_02.jpg

Thanks, but there are a few more things I would like to know. Any idea of what rifling twist it has? Are the barrels cast or are they hammer forged and are they have cryogenicly treated? I would also like to see velocity and ballistics chart of the 5.8x42mm round as fired in this rifle. How does this rifle shoot under the minute of angle scale?

I would like to see if the accuracy and durability can compare to something like this:
http://www.galleryofguns.com/shootingtimes/Articles/DisplayArticles.asp?ID=1205

I read your LINK (gonna to read all of the story next time), that is a much detailed description of the rifle.

The thing in Chinese military is:
The government keeps most of things in secret, so we fans can't really get too much detailed specs of the QBZ95/97.

But QBZ95 is very often used in Chinese forces in foreign countries, like the Peacekeepers, the Special forces in Iraq, they all use QBZ.

This link maybe usefull for you, I bet you already had a bookmark of it:
http://www.sinodefence.com/army/individual/rifle_95.asp

Now, I took some of my PERSONAL stuff for you:

QBZ95:

pla_gun_95_01a.gif

pla_gun_95_02a.gif

pla_gun_95_03a.gif

pla_gun_95_05.jpg

pla_gun_95_06.jpg

godofthunder9010 said:
Does China have a fully automatic shotgun similar to the Jackhammer?

Shotgum Yes. Similar to Jackhammer? No idea. I bet not. Never seen one similar to jackhammer.

pla_gun_hand01a.gif

pla_gun_03a.gif

pla_gun_05a.gif

pla_gun_06a.gif

One more QBZ95:
pla_gun_02a.gif

Ravenword:

detailed diagram of a fully stripped rifle

What do you mean "fully stripped"? Fully disassembled?
If so sorry, I misunderstood the word I posted those Fully Assembled ones.

FlyingFrog said:
The thing in Chinese military is:
The government keeps most of things in secret, so we fans can't really get too much detailed specs of the QBZ95/97.
They keep a rifle secret? Are civilians in China allowed to privately own firearms? In the United States, the right to bear arms is an inalienable right. See the 2nd Amendment of the Bill of Rights, that is translated into simplified Chinese here.

FlyingFrog said:
What do you mean "fully stripped"? Fully disassembled?
If so sorry, I misunderstood the word I posted those Fully Assembled ones.

I would like to see each component in an exploded view like this.

1. Gun owning in China is like in MOST countries, forbidden. Only Bandiets own a gun or a policeman. But my father in law does own a shortgun and a rifle since he is a retired general.

2. I got your idea, yes we have that kind of pictures, but only in Military factories, not available on net. In case terrorists learn how to make a QBZ that won't be too funny for us.

FlyingFrog said:
1. Gun owning in China is like in MOST countries, forbidden. Only Bandiets own a gun or a policeman. But my father in law does own a shortgun and a rifle since he is a retired general.

Wow, your father is a general? What type of allegiance do the soldiers take before they enter into the service? This is what our soldiers proclaim:

United States Military Oath of Allegiance

I, {insert name here}, do solemnly swear, or affirm, that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

Back