Chinese Navy

That is not AEGIS DDG.
From "Ships of the world"2005september.
The evaluation of this ship was severe.
not so good ship as Burke class.

And that's surprising? :sarc: I don't doubt that this is a decent vessel, but decent won't be good enough if the Chinese intend to fight the United States. Their cheap copies of our systems (namely, their version of the AN/SPY-1) doesn't seem to measure up to the real thing.

phoenix80 said:
President Clinton gave them?!

:)

Yup, he sold out the entire US Department of Defense to those in Communist China. Clinton is a communist for God's sake. So ofcourse we would help out his political allies.

anyone by any chance read Patrick Robinson's "U.S.S. Seawolf"? Excellent read, and provides a good illustration of China's attempts at securing a good blue-water navy.

Louisiana, Alabama, and the rest of the southern states constitute the "brown-water navy":)

Shadowalker said:
As the chinese are developing a blue-water navy how do you rate there new ships.
They look quite good to me, though the design does seem to copy aspects of US navy ships.
Could these ships start to be exported, to south america or middle east soon?
http://www.sinodefence.com/navy/default.asp
Are Navy is still better then the chinese navy no matter how much high tech stuff they have are navy still beats theirs.:CG: :cool:

Im not disputing that the US, France, UK, Russia etc have better navies but could these ships be seen in the next 5 years or more in the service not only of china but of other countries

People's Republic of China + Deep Blue Water Navy = Turkey Shoot

There are some issues with the PRC wanting a Deep Blue Water Navy. And those are that they wish to flex their mlitary power and also become the next super power. The dreams and wishes of their communist party overlords are starting to take hold. And that's going to cause some major problems in the near future. And if push comes to shove. The United States of America, the Republic of China, and their allies will liberate the people of Communist China.

I hope that Mainland China has a peace change of power and that it's communist government simply fades away. But I don't see that happening. And the build up of their navy is a sign of that.

Most people I talked to in China are simply brainwashed and have very false views on history.

i.e I asked one of them (A Chinese Engineer) how he feels about the US and he (like an Al-Qaeda member... lol) told me he hates the US and that they are enemies of China.

I told him that hey, Americans helped your country get rid of Japs in WWII but he suddenly cut my sentence and told me that it was Soviets helping them against Japs. :-o

The Communists have brainwashed them!

Its not brainwashing, it is the complete control of information. Very similar to asking an average American about the Kwang Ju massacre in South Korea... if you don't know about something how can you be expected to have it come into play in their opinions on matters?

bulldogg said:
Its not brainwashing, it is the complete control of information. Very similar to asking an average American about the Kwang Ju massacre in South Korea... if you don't know about something how can you be expected to have it come into play in their opinions on matters?

Yeah I only recently heard of the Kwang Yu massacre. Apparently, the American media called it "quelling of a communist insurgency".

he most notable feature is the four-array multifunction phased array radar (PAR) similar to the U.S. AN/SPY-1 Aegis system.

Hmmm, well thankfully they haven't got the Aegis system. No doubt just another cheap copy like most of their other equipment.

The PLAN's evolving strategy has been described in terms of two distinct phases. The strategy's first phase is for the PLAN to develop a "green water active defence strategy" capability. This "green water" generally is described as being encompassed within an arc swung from Vladivostok to the north, to the Strait of Malacca to the south, and out to the "first island chain" (Aleutians, Kuriles, Ryukyus, Taiwan, Philippines, and Greater Sunda islands) to the east. Analysts have assessed that the PLAN is likely to attain this green water capability early in the 21st century. Open-source writings also suggest that the PLAN intends to develop a capability to operate in the "second island chain" (Bonins, Guam, Marianas, and Palau islands) by the mid-21st century. In the future, the PLAN also may expand its operations to bases in Myanmar, Burma. These bases will provide the PLAN with direct access to the Strait of Malacca and the Bay of Bengal.

That's concerning. No Australian likes the idea of having the Chinese fleet floating about just off our northern coast. Oh well, thank god for our good old Collins Class then (thankfully now with all development problems ironed out)

****COLLINS CLASS REVIEWS****
they are probably the most capable, certainly the largest diesel-electric (conventional)submarines in the world

three Collins-class submarines reportedly "sank" two American Los Angeles class attack submarines and a US aircraft carrier, supporting the claims of defect resolution and combat effectiveness.

Feel free to expand you fleet China. Just don't wander too far from home.

Back