Chinese missile Bags US satellite in Orbit

Padre, that still doesn't answer my question, nor does it disprove any of my theories. Therefore I still see my comment as legitimate. Your previous remarks may well be true, but if so, I would like to find out why, to me it is not logical.

A man's education doesn't have to end when he retires:smile:.

Don't worry, I drive my local GP to distraction also. When asked by him "Don't you take your health care seriously"? I replied, "Most certainly, in fact I believe that it is far too important to entrust to others without question, regardless of their training",... and I said it in all seriousness.

Such is the case with the question I posed in this thread. I am not stating that I am right, just that if I am wrong, can someone please explain where.

My background is in Engineering therefore I am a logic pedant.

Last edited:
seno, that glove of yours up there in space is flying around at 10,000 kmph. The slap it will deliver to an astronaut will be 10 times greater than any cheated girlfriend could deliver back on earth. When it happens it will be just the beginning because behind the glove are 300,000 Made in China parts. Then you will know I am right.

Padre said:
that glove of yours up there in space is flying around at 10,000 kmph. The slap it will deliver to an astronaut...

Sir, the astronaut would have to be flying at a comparable speed to the glove in order to stay in orbit and at the same (relative) altitude. Unless, of course, they are traveling in opposite directions, then by all means you are correct, though not sure of the estimate of the impact, but probably within an order of magnitude (power of 10).

Sorry for the off topic-ness, but I couldn't resist.

Maytime, I feel that your argument is more logical. As I understand it, orbit is merely a carefully controlled fall offset by course and velocity, should any of these change the object will move off into space or fall back to earth at the velocity that has been imparted to it.

The impact of a missile would impart sufficient velocity to the resulting debris to ensure that most if not all of the items would quickly cease to be a great worry. Whereas the glove was in fact orbiting at almost exactly the same speed and direction as the astronaut who lost it, and therefore continues to orbit.

Continued later...
I have spent several hours reading a wide variety of articles on the 'Net about this subject, and the information available ranges from the sublime to the ridiculous. It appears that there is an estimated 4000 tonnes of "space junk" ranging in size from spent rocket stages to flecks of paint. There are many seemingly conflicting statements. e.g. The "famous" glove lost by Edward white only stayed in orbit for a month before burning up in the atmosphere, whereas the second satellite ever launched by the US on the 17th Mar 1958 is still in high earth orbit and doesn't look like falling any time soon.

Several agencies have made statements about the possible effect of the debris from the Chinese weather satellite, but no one has been able to say why their arguments hold true seeing that the satellite was hit at many thousands of miles per hour. I find it hard to believe that after such an impact that the debris would continue to move within the parameters required to maintain low earth orbit.

I'm not particularly fussed if I am right or wrong, what I would like to know is "why is it so" (with apologies to Julius Sumner Miller)

Last edited:
Thanks Gator, I have looked at both sites and the information provided is very informative. Like many of these things, for every question that they answer, they raise another:roll:, never the less it is all very interesting.

If I had my time again, I think I would stay at school a bit longer and become an egghead. LOL

Thanks Gator, I have looked at both sites and the information provided is very informative. Like many of these things, for every question that they answer, they raise another:roll:, never the less it is all very interesting.

If I had my time again, I think I would stay at school a bit longer and become an egghead. LOL

Well, like you I'm no Astrophysicist, but I do know a thing or two about Weapons, and cause and affect when dealing with Weapons.

Now, not seeing the Weapon, because the Chinese did not see fit to invite me to their test, just as they never do, but from the info put out in the report I can speculate about things.

Say the China used a Hypervelocity Kinetic Energy Kill Vehicle to strike its own Satellite, I'll just hazard a guess and say the KKV had no Explosive Charge, as it does not need one to do the deed. And if the Satellite had no Fuel Cells or working Batteries and such, then it very well sounds like there was no Explosion, only an Impact. The Report also lists merely "hundreds" and not "thousands" of peices of debris.
So, seeing how the Chinese wish to use Space just like everyone else, I'd say the Chinese could have allowed the Satellite to track away from the impending strike with the KKV, and have the KKV angle of attack so that the Strike would cause said hundreds of pieces of debris to move away from the Earth, instead of hitting the satellite while it was moving towards the KKV, with an angle of attack such as to have said debris fly all over the damn place.

If you have information about President Clinton committing Treason against the United States of America, I suggest you spill the beans to the proper authorities right away, as it is against United States Federal Law for you not to do so.

I'll hazard a guess and say President Bush would be interested in any such info you may have right about now.

You need to remove yourself from the law books for a bit cuz citing them does nothing I can goo look em up and quote em all day in fact I'm sure you could train a monkey to do just that...

He did not commit treason but he did in fact sell them military technology...that is well known...again pull head from ass and reassert self awareness...

On topic so what they have just done something we have been capable of for like what 40 years now.....

I say we need to pull off the covers on our chemical Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation and toast something int outer space :)

You need to remove yourself from the law books for a bit cuz citing them does nothing I can goo look em up and quote em all day in fact I'm sure you could train a monkey to do just that...

He did not commit treason but he did in fact sell them military technology...that is well known...again pull head from ass and reassert self awareness...

On topic so what they have just done something we have been capable of for like what 40 years now.....

I say we need to pull off the covers on our chemical Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation and toast something int outer space :)

I'm just going to have to place you on ignore, as I view you as deliberately combative, and as far as I can tell you do not know much about the things you jump in the middle of.

This type of capability is to me not a surprise. The Chinese have been trying to test this capability in the past, failing three times if I recalled.

When Politicians ramble about the Chinese "wrongdoings" propeling the world towards the Militarization of Space, they are deeply wrong. They fail to acknowledge the reality that the usage of Space has already been Militarized primarily by satellites, not ballistic missiles. This will remain that way for the rest of this century as long as the US continue to use JDAMs and Spy Satellites.

If the USA wants to prevent further weaponization of space, it should start considering the serious consequences of continuing the SDI program and realize that it cannot continue to act unilaterally or else other nations such as China will follow suit.

So did the Chinese break any international regulation or law? Like Tony Blair responded, I don't think so. The only thing I'm concerned is the debris.

Last edited:
Thank you President Bill Clinton for selling the Chi-Coms our national secerts.

Thank you President Bill Clinton for selling the Chi-Coms our tech from NASA.

Thank you President Bill Clinton for selling the Chi-Coms our GPS tech.

Thank you President Bill Clinton for selling the Chi-Coms our freedom and secuirty to a bunch of rotten Chi-Com that wish to wipe out the USA.

Exactly!
As I was reading this thread, I was wondering if I was going to see that anyone stated this fact that you will never see on America's liberal news stations. Great job!

Exactly!
As I was reading this thread, I was wondering if I was going to see that anyone stated this fact that you will never see on America's liberal news stations. Great job!

Thios reason you don't see it on the news is because nobody has provided any evidence to. As Gator said if someone is withholding evidence about treason about the (former) US president I would suggest reporting it immediately.

Its easy to spout accusations about someone than actually proove them true. In fact its called slander.

Back