Chinese Military Aid to the Philippines...

Brotchador

The PRC is in the process of giving military aid to the Philippines, what may i ask the gentlemen and women of this forum, do you think of this development? the Philippines is acknowledged today as one of the weakest military in the Asia-Pacific region equipment wise, but in terms of experience and battlefield ingenuity, no one comes close......

www.philstar.com/philstar/NEWS200503030405.htm

Oh yes, sure I do. And I'm talking about the real stuff.

Back to topic.

1.2 Million is only the initial estimate, although it will boost cooperation between China and Asia substantially.

Hehhe...

You r sarcasm is well-taken hehehehe. I think it is a good move for China to work with other Asian neighbors. It counters other influences by exerting its own influence outward.

Brotchador said:
The PRC is in the process of giving military aid to the Philippines, what may i ask the gentlemen and women of this forum, do you think of this development? the Philippines is acknowledged today as one of the weakest military in the Asia-Pacific region equipment wise, but in terms of experience and battlefield ingenuity, no one comes close......

www.philstar.com/philstar/NEWS200503030405.htm
So long as the people of the Phillipines are okay with it and the PRC behaves themselves, this is a positive development, and I'm 100% in favor of it. The moment this becomes a tool for China to try to make demands on the Phillipines, that is when it becomes a bad idea all around. I am pretty confident that won't happen, but we won't know for sure till later on. This is potentially the sort of thing that China needs to up their PR in the world.

Didn't the NPA subscribe to a Maoist type doctorine? I'd be leary of letting the writers of the doctorine in. IMO.

Back