Is the Chinese Media A Reliable Source of Fact?

Yes, I trust no other source.

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

• I have no idea

• Probably not

• No

• Do I look like an idiot? Of course not

• Total voters

godofthunder9010

Okay, so here is the quesiton since it seems to be in dispute. Is the media of mainland China an accurate and reliable source of information? After voting, please tell what country you are from so we can see where the votes are coming from.

I'm voting "Do I look like an idiot? Of course not." and I'm from the USA.

Also as many diverse viewpoints as possible would be helpful.

There media is full of crap, the only thing that is accurate in their media is Economic statistics and measurements.

PROUD TO BE FROM THE USA

can you give me any web sites from the Chinese media to check out?

My instincts say that their media network will be like aljazeera. Some of their news will be accurate and some will be extremely biased. I am guessing that their madia has never critisized their own government.

godofthunder9010 said:

Why: "Is the Chinese Media A Reliable Source of Fact?"
Your question could just as well have been:
"Is the Media (news) A Reliable Source of Fact?"....

Well, its somewhat irrelevant now. Someone somewhere was referring me to some Chinese media sources and I was saying that I didn't trust that source to be accurate. Mostly, I was curious how other people on the board perceive the PRC's media services.

I have read the Chinese media thru internet and it's mostly half truths, or the international news have been carefully screened and chosen before being published --especially topics on international politics.

Other topics like health, sports, leisure etc.. they are okay.

But the city dwellers in China can also actually get international news coverage thru internet. They can browse almost any international site to look for news coverage. BUT the strange thing is, people in China always choose to believe in their own media reports rather than the foreign press.

So give the Chinese facts -- BUT they would rather believe in fiction from their own media.

Right, like the part about them firmly believing that there were never any attrocities in Tibet ... that or just never having heard of them. Selective history and news coverage as you say.

For the benefit of people who haven't had the opportunity to read such sources, could you find the links to a couple of them.

Redleg said:
godofthunder9010 said:

Why: "Is the Chinese Media A Reliable Source of Fact?"
Your question could just as well have been:
"Is the Media (news) A Reliable Source of Fact?"....

My, first thought agrees with Redleg. All media will have some bias info, some lies, and some truths. Most things in the world is relative to something else. Believe what u want, just be careful with what u do with the information.

Vote-Probably Not,
I wouldn't think so because it like in all communist countries is government controlled. But I don't know so go figure.

Back