Chinese JF-17 fighter arrives in Pakistan

sandy

The JF-17 Thunder military aircraft, jointly developed by China and pakistan has arrived in Pakistan, according to a statement issued Monday by Pakistan Air Force.
The arrival ceremony of the JF-17s Thunder fighter aircraft was held at Pakistan Aeronautical Complex Kamra, the PAF statement said.
The JF-17 Thunder aircraft is scheduled to have its first public appearance in Islamabad on March 23, according to the statement.
The statement noted that JF-17 Thunder aircraft, an advanced multi-role Light Combat Aircraft, is a key collaboration strategic project between the two countries in the field of military.
In order to speed up the development progress and to facilitate maturity of JF-17s, two aircraft arrived in Pakistan earlier for further tests and flight evaluation by Pakistan Air Force, the statement added.
39b608fc5bfc394e.jpg

Advanced?

it's still a piece of Chinese junk that you might find in Walmart. :lol:

they work fine for the first few days but then break apart

I have heard that the Russians are very upset about it.
They have sold some jet engines to China with a clause not to resell them to the third parties.
The Chinese had some problems with their own engnes, so they have installed the Russian ones to those jets and thus avoided the penalties from the Pakistanis.

Will the Russians have the balls to penalise the Chinese remains to be seen...

So it doesn't have a drill press motor from Central Machinery?

Rats, I was hoping I could build my own for $150.:p

I wonder if after a year you can stick your finger through the metal...

JF-17,and we call it FC-1, is not a junk.Pakistan has F-16, they are not fool.

I think its capability is close to F-16A/B

Mixed

I've been at JF-17.com and to other sites that talk of the JF-17 and must admit I have mixed feeling about it. Part of me says since nobody has seen what's under the hood, how good can it be right? The logical side of says when you do something even on a lower level for a number of years your bound to get good or at least better. Mixed in billions of dollars of R&D money and a little Pakistan help or input and some ideas begin to form. One would assume China was able to look under a hood of a F-16 in Pakistan when nobody was looking right.
icon12.gif
China been producing fighters and other aircraft for years and had to pick up skills to better themselves overall. I read some interesting things about there J-11B (Flanker copy) and I'm sure the JF-17 and J-10 all befitted from the Flanker program. Remember for exampled China doesn't need to invent the radar just produce one. They are capable of producing military equipment and have been doing it for many years. I would not rate a JF-17 as good as a Viper A/B or a Taiwan Mirage 2000-5, without knowing more about it. Even the J-10 which seems to be the better of the two is still suspect. I've read in Chinese forums that the J-10 are beating J-11/Su30 in mock fighting. I need a little more proof before I past judgment maybe being seen at a western air show or mock training against another countries air force. Something to sink our teeth in a little I'm sure in time Pakistan will release more information. For the PAK its still a good choice its better then there upgraded Mirage IIIs and should be better then there J-7Ps. I would assume Pakistan wouldn't accept a fighter not designed from day one to be better then what they already have, what would be the point right. Who knows how good there radar guided missile the SD-10 is? Too many questions.

Last edited:
Wait till China retakes Taiwan by force and see how she does under fire. Don't worry it won't be too long now.

Taiwan

Hi bulldogg
I think its a pure money thing now economy wise they would lose more then they would gain. The other thing would be the world opinion also bad for there economy. Military wise Taiwan couldn't replace there loses faster enough. All those Chinese missiles would beat down any defense over time and they have just enough subs to make it interesting.

You're thinking like a Western person. This is a matter of "face" and the Chinese leadership has based their claim to authority with the Chinese upon the principle of regaining ALL territory that EVER belonged to China at any point in the last 5000 years. If they do NOT retake Taiwan they will lose legitimacy in the eyes of the Chinese people and there will be nothing short of revolution. Money is nice but in this society it does not trump all like it does in the West. Taiwan will be retaken, one way or another.

Western

I have heard of the face issue before but it seems to be getting old. Read a few times that China can out wait or last anybody and its only a matter of time. A little more time to make more money, can't get the western out of me I see the Chinese can't either.

phoenix80 I don't rate Walmart a good store by any means but there are a lot of them.
icon12.gif

I think our esteemed Iranian in exile was referring to the fact that of Wal-Marts 6000 suppliers worldwide, 5000 of them are in Mainland China.

Back