Chinese Hummer?

muzz

I saw in the news today(MSN, i think) that General Motors had sold the Hummer Division to a Chinese corporation. Does this mean that a Chinese owned company will be manufacturing vehicles for the U.S. military? Are there different divisions that do civilian and military versions?
Sorry if this sounds like a foolish question but I haven't been keeping up with the news and Hummers were introduced long after I got out of the Army.

The original Hummer, now that was awesome. The H2... glorified Expedition that you pay more for so everyone can see how rich you are.

Not a great loss.

Sorry, it uses the Tahoe chassis. In either case, not worthy of the Hummer name, none of them live up to the original. Poser vehicles, in my opinion... I'd rather have an Escalade for that purpose. :)

Yea they are pretty suck. Any troop who has driven a real hummvee wants to spit on a h2. A h2 would get stuck in a pothole. A hummvee would climb out of hell.

Edit: From personal experience I have ran a 1025 "gun truck" so deep into a mud pit that I had water coming across the hood and I still climbed out of it.

Last edited:
Yea they are pretty suck. Any troop who has driven a real hummvee wants to spit on a h2. A h2 would get stuck in a pothole. A hummvee would climb out of hell.

Edit: From personal experience I have ran a 1025 "gun truck" so deep into a mud pit that I had water coming across the hood and I still climbed out of it.

Been there, done that, not a 1025, had a Navy one.
Now I have a 89 Chevy S-10 Blazer that will follow a Humvee anywhere, I use it to yank the bumpers off H-2's and H-3's when they get stuck :)

Chummer would be a perfect name for it.
And there was a man produced a Hummer like wehicle in Turkey. He named it "Hamur" -pronounced like Hummer in English- but means dough in Turkish. Yeah I know that people should be more creative than stealing ideas. :)

No big deal if China makes own Humwee. Russia, for example, already has one, GAZ-2975 'Tigr' (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GAZ-2975):
img_3944_victory_day_2008_military_parade_moscow_russia_030.jpg

Sample_tigr_army_issue_magazine_11_army_recognition_001.jpg

Police issue
GAZ-2975_Tigr.jpg

123-6.jpg

bd2b1b4d5949.jpg

Civillian version
GAZ_3121_Tigr_2_pic_38278.jpg

They are not stealing ideas, just using a working design...

I dont see you accusing people of stealing ideas like metal airplanes... It's a concept, no intellectual property on it...

Back