Chinese Armor

benaakatz

In the event of a war on land, against india or russia for example, how would China deploy its armed forces? Would they defend or attack with mass forces 'soviet style' (using a lot of their old tanks) or stick with their newer state of the art tanks and fight in a more 'western' style?

China has around 5,500 Type 59 (copy of T-54/55), 400 Type 62 (modernized light tank version of type 59), around 300 Type 69/79 (further developments of Type 59), around 500 Type 88, around 2000-2,500 Type 96 (an upgraded Type 88), and finally their cream of the crop, around 600 Type 99 (totally new modern tank on par theoretically with the best of today).

They would probably just go WWII Soviet style and charge their tanks.

I mean, if China was to attack America they would get blasted. But if America attacked China they would get blasted [I mean, an Abrams cant shoot 40 tanks at once].

In the event of a war against China or India all participants become mushroom fields.

Hi,

I guess It was about the Impact of Armor in case of war with India or Russia . IN the case in India and China , Armor form Both side is useless due to the terrain . Himalayas separate the Two Counties , It's Close to impossible to operate Tanks and heavy Vehicles . The war would have to fought on Foot

Peace

Good fences* make good neighbors, as they say.

*Himalayas. (May they always be there).

It's not a competition, I'd like nothing more then to see these two countries advance and become good friends, be good neighbors. Hopefully this will happen. The more peace we have, the better.

It's not a competition, I'd like nothing more then to see these two countries advance and become good friends, be good neighbors. Hopefully this will happen. The more peace we have, the better.

Hell yeah, it would be awesome for them to participate in designing a new peice of military equipment together.

Back